Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think unfortunately that there is a chance injuries have ruined him. I want to see more and would afford him more time, but I'm just not liking what I'm seeing atm. It'd be rotten luck but it does happen. He shouldn't be this far off the pace.

Go back and watch footage of him at Monaco and previously for us - it's night and day.

is there any particular reason you watch Manchester City you don’t seem to rate many of the players

I can see what you're saying but he was already tracking a runner to the back post.
Yeah I know but the goal scorer posed a bigger threat at the time, don’t think he’d have stopped him but at least a challenge may have put him off

He was the only player who could see everything that was happening for their goal, including the goal scorer coming in unmarked. For some reason he backed off instead of moving in to challenge. Not saying he would have stopped him from scoring but it would have made it that more difficult.
Cancelo was out of position for their goal resulting in Otto covering on the right, he didn’t get close enough to stop the cross but I think Mendy could have reacted better
Gundogan could have tracked the goalscorer run from midfield but did his usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.