Dalian Atkinson - Policeman guilty of manslaughter

Used to love watching Dalian back in the day. They had some nifty players back then like McGrath, Tony Daley, Townsend and Staunton etc. Hopefully not messing up the years!

If he weren't a former professional footballer it makes me wonder if this would have been swept under the carpet? Hopefully he does a good ten years minimum but probably out in 3 years for manslaughter and good behaviour

Used to love watching Dalian back in the day. They had some nifty players back then like McGrath, Tony Daley, Townsend and Staunton etc. Hopefully not messing up the years!

If he weren't a former professional footballer it makes me wonder if this would have been swept under the carpet? Hopefully he does a good ten years minimum but probably out in 3 years for manslaughter and good behaviour
Clearly not, no carpet sweeping at all as it was referred to the IOPC as all deaths and any injury following police contact are

The family called the police because he was causing trouble. The police arrived and tried to do their job . No wonder they have a recruitment problem. Blame blame society. Ten years you say for trying to help his family. How about the policeman's family.

I am really surprised that the CPS has decided to charge and prosecute a policeman involved in a scuffle with a man with known violent tendencies
I always thought that a pre-requisite for a murder charge was pre-meditation. The officer was using a non lethal weapon which is often used to subdue violent offenders to prevent them hurting members of the public,themselves and police officers.
I would have thought that any decent defence lawyer would be able to convince a UK jury that these officers are not guilty.

I am really surprised that the CPS has decided to charge and prosecute a policeman involved in a scuffle with a man with known violent tendencies
I always thought that a pre-requisite for a murder charge was pre-meditation. The officer was using a non lethal weapon which is often used to subdue violent offenders to prevent them hurting members of the public,themselves and police officers.
I would have thought that any decent defence lawyer would be able to convince a UK jury that these officers are not guilty.[/QUOTE

It does seem a strange decision doesn’t it? Presumably as the trial progresses, we will discover more.

I would have thought that any decent defence lawyer would be able to convince a UK jury that these officers are not guilty.
I’d be extremely surprised if either of them were found guilty.

Yeah, I was surprised to read it too.

Does using a taser gun constitute serious harm? Or did the police officer fail to call for medical assistance after he'd tasered him and it was clear he was in a bad way?

It will be interesting to see this unfold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.