Travelling to Milan (Atalanta)

Thought milan was a bit crap really. San siro good and you dont see kyle walker in goal every day or the worst penalty ever, but also missed the sterling goal cos of the piss take security/police. Missed the flight home this morning so having a few beers in verona now, lovely place. Good to see a few faces from here out there

Great trip with Sport Options as always. It's a long day (up at 5am, back home just before 4am) so feeling a bit tired today but it was worth it to see City in the San Siro. Like many others I missed Sterling's goal due to some overzealous stewarding/policing outside our entrance before the game, and that trek up the spirals was a killer (even worse than Newcastle). Navigli was great. Didn't see any trouble out there, although some guy in his fifties told us that a few Atalanta fans had confronted him and his friends with knives outside the stadium, which must've been pretty frightening.

There’s lots of good Atalanta fans and I’ve seen them play home and away against other Clubs, as well as City. It’s become evident though that they’ve got a bit of a shitbag following as evidenced by the threats to the Blues in their 50s and a bit of trash talking of our support (the kind of thing we’ve seen from a minority of Aston Villa and Wolves fans in recent weeks.

I’ve helped a few Atalanta fans with tickets and been ripped off. We have got a few chancers ourselves but give me our supporters over the Italians any day of the week.

Hardly saw any Atalanta fans all day and all night. Bit disappointed by Milan and by the San Siro to be honest

Not sure I’d go again unless it was a semi or final. And after the bad experience with the vermin police and stewards I think I’d think twice about going to Italy again

Great trip with Sport Options as always. It's a long day (up at 5am, back home just before 4am) so feeling a bit tired today but it was worth it to see City in the San Siro. Like many others I missed Sterling's goal due to some overzealous stewarding/policing outside our entrance before the game, and that trek up the spirals was a killer (even worse than Newcastle). Navigli was great. Didn't see any trouble out there, although some guy in his fifties told us that a few Atalanta fans had confronted him and his friends with knives outside the stadium, which must've been pretty frightening.

I'm surprised theres not been more said about this. About 20 or so masked up guys pulled weapons out pre match and started taking swipes at passing Blues, near the food outlets near gate 13, about 30mins before kick off. A pal of mine was twatted by a kung fu type chain with wooden ends. Amazingly City got the better of 'em and they ran, the shithouses. But when you're using fists against weapons plenty of Blues were wearing claret. No intervention by police, we had to deal with it ourselves.

Cowards.

I'd echo its not the best of cities to be honest. Still here for 1 more day and we've enjoyed it so far but luckily elbow played here last night so we had a cracking evening at the gig bumping into a few English whilst there and ended up in a bar till 2am. (wife is hungover this morning)

Talking of bars/pubs. The majority are more like little cafes than what we'd consider a bar or pub but we did find the old fox pub on the day of the game and its by far the best pub we've been in with a selection of craft beers and lagers. Can get a pint for 3.50 in there.

Went to navigli area yesterday for a wander, looked OK, nothing special imo. Today gonna do the San Siro tour I think once wife sorts her hangover out and tonight we'll finish off the trip with hopefully a decent meal out.

Overall a good trip but Milan isn't a place that we'd rush back to if we're being honest. If te weather was good we'd probably consider a few days at Lake como instead if staying in milan if we played inter or Ac.

6 hours to get home from stanstead Newark A1 closed off with flooding took 3 hours to get through sheffield nightmare

Good catch up. After the match me @Danamy etc went back for a bite to eat in Navigli. Some young bellends, hood ups (Spotters) hanging about on the other side of the bridge. Made our excuses and back to the digs

Good catch up. After the match me @Danamy etc went back for a bite to eat in Navigli. Some young bellends, hood ups (Spotters) hanging about on the other side of the bridge. Made our excuses and back to the digs

Really?? We were in Navagli post-match and didn't notice anything. Having said that, we weren't wandering around as it was getting a bit nippy after midnight.

Really?? We were in Navagli post-match and didn't notice anything. Having said that, we weren't wandering around as it was getting a bit nippy after midnight.
Half way down mate, was a sort of take away pizza place, couple of tables outside. They were on the bridge the other side. 3 young CIty fans came to us concerned they were being watched. As they proceeded to walk away, spotters on the other side of the canal walked in the same direction. 3 lads turned back. So did the men in black brigade. Think the evetually got bored with us

Have the club or the FA mentioned anything at all about the treatment of City fans (Hell all English fans abroad)? 3 Jocks stabbed on the continent this week too. We hear a lot about protecting millionaires but nothing about protecting the people who watch them play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.