Flooding in Sheffield/Hope Valley

M M

mat

Looking at the videos and photos on Twitter Sheffield is about to become an inland port.

I've got workmates stranded on trains they are working. Usual Chaos.

Touchwood they'll be no loss of life.

Don’t know about Sheffield, but the grid men don’t come around anymore , and I don’t recall seeing the council collecting all the leaves in autumn for quite a while either , major factors that lead to flooding!!
This could become a national scandal

I went to uni in Sheffield and even the slightest bit of rain meant the roads would have huge puddles on them.
Their drainage system is terrible.

I went to uni in Sheffield and even the slightest bit of rain meant the roads would have huge puddles on them.
Their drainage system is terrible.
Like Rome Sheffield is built on 7 hills and has several rivers that run through the area. Doesn’t need Einstein to explain why it’s vulnerable to flooding.

Lots of flooding in the Peak District tonight, and severely effected are the rivers running east from the Pennines. Daylight tomorrow could lead to a lot of issues
Derwent has burst it banks at grindleford and other areas of the hope valley are teetering.

It's obviously too fuvking north for the BBC/Sky to break their election coverage.

Went for a run tonight up Kinder, it's mental up there, knee deep water on some of the paths.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.