San Siro crowd control

You don't think any of this treatment is a reflection of the type of individual that graced Europe with its royal presence back in the 70s and 80s and, probably, it's continuing behaviour in the present day ?

Italians hate all English fans given the problems out friends down the M62 caused all those years back.

I’ve been to Budapest and Bratislava this year with Wales. I go to Baku next week. Yet to have an issue with security.
No they don’t. Got a few mates who go over to Torino every year and they love City.

This is why all the Euro hooligan firms spend half their time fighting with Police and have all the ACAB graffiti and tattoos.

On another note, I’d assumed these random verification checks for tickets before the game had been quietly knocked on the head, but clearly not. A lad who most away day Blues will know well had the ballache of having to go to a location on the afternoon on the game just to prove who he was. For a game that went on open sale.
From what I’ve read so far in this thread I’m glad I didn’t bother, despite mates constantly asking me to join them.
People I know locked up, crushed, humiliated...it’s just not good enough these days, WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, and neither are we second class citizens to be treated as the authorities feel.

However this particular aspect concerns me. Checks for everyone is one thing, at least you know what’s going to happen and you can plan for it.
But random checks announced late in the day can really fuck things up for you as you’ve already booked travel and made your arrangements for the day.

Again civil liberties eroded.

From what I’ve read so far in this thread I’m glad I didn’t bother, despite mates constantly asking me to join them.
People I know locked up, crushed, humiliated...it’s just not good enough these days, WE ARE NOT ANIMALS, and neither are we second class citizens to be treated as the authorities feel.

However this particular aspect concerns me. Checks for everyone is one thing, at least you know what’s going to happen and you can plan for it.
But random checks announced late in the day can really fuck things up for you as you’ve already booked travel and made your arrangements for the day.

Again civil liberties eroded.

I agree completely, and after Juventus (twice), Napoli (twice) and Roma, I couldn't be arsed travelling for the same reason.

My only caveat, is that when we experienced tolerant, low-key policing at Schalke last season, we also witnessed the biggest contingent of travelling dickheads, who seemed manically obsessed with re-enacting Mad Friday on German soil.

I agree completely, and after Juventus (twice), Napoli (twice) and Roma, I couldn't be arsed travelling for the same reason.

My only caveat, is that when we experienced tolerant, low-key policing at Schalke last season, we also witnessed the biggest contingent of travelling dickheads, who seemed manically obsessed with re-enacting Mad Friday on German soil.
We had no issue at Schalke, fortunately.
We stayed in Gelsenkirchen, the hotel had an older crowd.
Didn’t see any bother before or after the game in Gelsenkirchen but it did kick off in the ground when the stupid blonde in corporate kicked off when City scores the second

We had no issue at Schalke, fortunately.
We stayed in Gelsenkirchen, the hotel had an older crowd.
Didn’t see any bother before or after the game in Gelsenkirchen but it did kick off in the ground when the stupid blonde in corporate kicked off when City scores the second

Schalke was strange, particularly because there didn’t seem to be any issues at Hoffenheim earlier in the season.

I also stayed in Gelsenkirchen on the night of the game, and judging from your description, we might have been in the same hotel.

It was just the pre-match atmosphere in the old town, where I thought a significant proportion of City fans were aggressively out of order. This continued inside the stadium where throwing beer had become the norm by Half Time.

Yeah, I agree Ajax was worse - I genuinely feared for my safety there - but this was still not great. The way their police handled the situation, and our stewards were seemingly impotent to do anything about it, was poor to say the least. It seemed wholly unnecessary to me, and many of us missed the first 15/20 minutes as a result.

On another note, I’d assumed these random verification checks for tickets before the game had been quietly knocked on the head, but clearly not. A lad who most away day Blues will know well had the ballache of having to go to a location on the afternoon on the game just to prove who he was. For a game that went on open sale.

Add to that the online questionnaire that the club asked us to fill in (date of birth, where you were born, when are you going, when are you returning, how are you getting to the game etc) and you do start to think at what point do you fuck the Euro aways off? Paying hard-earned money to get treated like absolute shit, whilst having your civil liberties infringed, seems less and less appealing.
If he’s had to do that it’s a complete piss take and will only serve to him sacking it off at some point.

I’m convinced the questionnaire sent by the club asking about how we were getting there was nothing more than a spying mission to see how they can flog more official travel packages.

I went in the day trip this time with Sportsworld, which is now the clubs official travel partner. It was well organised so I’d use them again for an in and out trip. Our driver was either blind, pissed or both and got lost near the ground but that’s not sportsworld’s fault.

You don't think any of this treatment is a reflection of the type of individual that graced Europe with its royal presence back in the 70s and 80s and, probably, it's continuing behaviour in the present day ?
Might be, but it's not an excuse or justification.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.