Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll play 10 yards further back and try and counter attack them, just need to get through the first 25 mins

You can’t overestimate how big Ederson out is. It’s less of an attack on bravo and more of a realisation of just how special and crucial Ederson is.

bravo’s decision making on when to sweep is woeful as we’ve all seen on numerous occasions which means we’re going to have to play further back to negate the potential need for him to do that, that’s going to invite crosses from their fullbacks all day long and we’ve seen how dog shit we are at tracking runners into the box and dealing with crosses, particularly at the back post which Liverpool thrive on.

yes bravo can pass from the back but the difference is night and day, he needs an extra few seconds on the ball and that’s not something we’re going to get at anfield and if gundogan is in the holding role too, us playing out from the back is going to be Liverpool’s greatest weapon. The biggest loss though is Edersons long range kicking, I was utterly convinced our tactics would centre around kicking long into the forwards to beat the inevitable press, now were just going to be giving it them back more often than not.

Half a team of starters missing, can you imagine them playing us at the Etihad without Allison, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, wijnaldum and mane? We would tear them apart. If we come away from anfield with anything it will be a minor miracle and that’s not being negative, just the reality of the situation

Totally agree - half the bloody first team is unavailable for this one now so if we do get anything out the game it will be immense

Liverpool missing 6 first team regulars at our ground and we would annihilate them - unfortunately they will exploit this weakness

At least i can relax now we have already been beaten;

That said football is strange sometimes, cheer up blue's you just never know.

I wouldn't say Zinchenko being out is necessarily a bad thing but the other injured players (Ederson, Laporte, Rodri, Silva, Sane) would all start if they were fit. That's literally half of our best eleven out of the game. If Pep somehow wins this it'll be by far the most impressive victory in his time here.

You can’t overestimate how big Ederson out is. It’s less of an attack on bravo and more of a realisation of just how special and crucial Ederson is.

bravo’s decision making on when to sweep is woeful as we’ve all seen on numerous occasions which means we’re going to have to play further back to negate the potential need for him to do that, that’s going to invite crosses from their fullbacks all day long and we’ve seen how dog shit we are at tracking runners into the box and dealing with crosses, particularly at the back post which Liverpool thrive on.

yes bravo can pass from the back but the difference is night and day, he needs an extra few seconds on the ball and that’s not something we’re going to get at anfield and if gundogan is in the holding role too, us playing out from the back is going to be Liverpool’s greatest weapon. The biggest loss though is Edersons long range kicking, I was utterly convinced our tactics would centre around kicking long into the forwards to beat the inevitable press, now were just going to be giving it them back more often than not.

Half a team of starters missing, can you imagine them playing us at the Etihad without Allison, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, wijnaldum and mane? We would tear them apart. If we come away from anfield with anything it will be a minor miracle and that’s not being negative, just the reality of the situation

Thank you sir you saved me typing exactly this.

By saying Ederson is out gives the candle wavers a massive psychological advantage so I have never understood why we say who is injured or not. Maybe it's a double bluff although I doubt it.

If anything, it puts a massive pressure on them to win. They would be embarrassed, if they failed to win, let alone if they lost.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Zinchenko being out is necessarily a bad thing but the other injured players (Ederson, Laporte, Rodri, Silva, Sane) would all start if they were fit. That's literally half of our best eleven out of the game. If Pep somehow wins this it'll be by far the most impressive victory in his time here.
Five out of eleven isn't 'literally half'.

Leroy Sane was never a nailed-on starter for City. Plenty on here complained about it.

David Silva is being used more sparingly given his age.

Of the six injuries, only two (Ederson and Laporte) definitely make it a weaker starting 11.
Still confident we can do it, and if we do it with six out it will make it all the sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.