As Things Stand...

i think our major summer business will be:

A CB to replace Otamendi.
Midfielder to replace David Silva: Fabian Ruiz?
And a forward/winger to replace Sane (if he leaves)

i think our major summer business will be:

A CB to replace Otamendi.
Midfielder to replace David Silva: Fabian Ruiz?
And a forward/winger to replace Sane (if he leaves)
I would add to that a striker and a left back if Mendy will not prove that he can play on high level/intensity for a long period of time.

Foden may as well leave then.

Nope. Look at the injury crisis we are suffering from now. Rodri is out and Fernandinho is basically becoming a CB. A midfielder like Ruiz, who can basically play anywhere in midfield (like Gundogan), will prove useful.

I don't think Pep sees Foden as someone who needs less competition to get game time. It's all about Foden's ability to perform at a high level.

Thats my view, at least.

Just put in Auoar that is discribet as Iniesta type player, then i agree. Fabian will most likely go to spain and replace Modric. Marc Roca maybe?

My future Midtfield
Rodri/Florentino/Fernandinho(Gundogan)
DeBryune/Gundogan - Auoar/Foden

2020/21

Bernardo Silva will most likely be transitioning to midfield when David leaves.

We need to remember that in order to bring in an overseas player we also need to release one, Merlin is going so that frees up one spot and i would imagine Bravo will go.

So that is two positions, if Sane goes then we have three, if Otto goes then we have 4.

I can't think of an home grown keeper who fits our needs nor a left winger if Sane were to leave so I guess that means only two overseas positions available.

Foden replacing Merlin is an excellent move for us as it gives us more freedom in our recruitment.

As others have said Phil will replace Dave, Muric will replace Bravo
If Braff is as good as people are saying then I can see him replacing Leroy
If Otamendi goes we will buy another DM as the four centre backs next year will be Laporte, Stones, Rodri and Garcia

Contracts

We have 3 players who’s contracts are up at the end of the season.

David Silva, Fernandinho and Bravo.

Carson will be off after his loan expires too.

Merlin should not be replaced. Leave it to Bernardo, Foden and Gundogan to fill that gap which frees up a foreign spot. Fernandinho has been in talks for a new 1 year deal which I’d imagine both parties would jump at the chance to finalise.

The part that intrigues me the most is the situation with the keepers. Ederson will be our only senior goalie. We have Steffan and Muric out on loan but are they expected to come back and deputise?

Players That May Leave
  • Otamendi
  • Sane
Players We’ve Been Linked To

These are rumours floating about, will update as and when. Won’t include youth prospects.

GK
  • N/A
Defence
  • Soyuncu
  • Fry
  • Skriniar
  • Ake
  • Dias
Midfield
  • Florentino
  • Aouar
  • Fabian Ruiz
  • Bentancur
  • Odegaard
  • Havertz
  • Tonali
Forwards
  • Häland
  • Martinez
  • Sancho
  • Oyarzabal

What about Sergio too? Could leave next summer also...(if it was to a non-European club)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.