Claudio Bravo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was more the 17 goals from 17 shots that was top of most peoples concern list tbh.

He has since then come in and played well in the cups but I still wouldn't like him to be our first choice for a long period of time if I am being honest.

Nor would I mate.

The audible groans from the crowd whenever he had the ball at his feet in his first few weeks can't have helped his confidence, that was happening prior to the 17 goals from 17 shots.

Nor would I mate.

The audible groans from the crowd whenever he had the ball at his feet in his first few weeks can't have helped his confidence, that was happening prior to the 17 goals from 17 shots.

The other thing to consider on that front was the dumping of Hart and Bravo not performing to that great a standard, you mention the Utd game, he was fantastic right up until that first error and then he went to pieces, some refs might have sent him off, tbh it was a shock he wasn't, they don't need much of an excuse to help Utd.

But yes being booed isn't helpful and you can hear clearly on the pitch as well.

TBF to Bravo, he shouldn't have ever been in the position our defense left him in - and i think a reckless challenge on someone bearing down on goal was better than going 2:1 down - take one for the team and hope to fight again, so to speak.

However, I've watched the replay and it was a dive, certainly not a red, so 'taking one for the team' probably wasn't in his mind, just averting a very capable threat with a reckless tackle that perhaps saved the game.

I'm a big fan of Bravo - he's done us proud more than he's let us down (Wolves at the Etihad and Diverpool at Wembley are two great saves that come to mind) and is a very capable deputy.
Agree with all the above. He could have stayed put and probably they would have scored. If they had, we would not have come back. So he took one for the team and saved what might be a very important group stage point.
From up in the gods I couldn’t see if he actually fouled the Atalanta forward or even if he was the last man but to my mind his quick reaction to a shocking pass from Gundogan saved the day. If Ederson had done the same the City fans would have been praising him. So will I - Well done Bravo

Agree with all the above. He could have stayed put and probably they would have scored. If they had, we would not have come back. So he took one for the team and saved what might be a very important group stage point.
From up in the gods I couldn’t see if he actually fouled the Atalanta forward or even if he was the last man but to my mind his quick reaction to a shocking pass from Gundogan saved the day. If Ederson had done the same the City fans would have been praising him. So will I - Well done Bravo

I honestly can’t believe some of the stuff I am reading on here. Remember when he stopped a certain goal at Barca and got himself sent off when the game was only 1-0 and how we all celebrated his heroics, when it finished with us getting hammered? Me neither. People are actually congratulating a guy for getting sent off, on the basis that average Atalanta side failed to score with our right-back in net.

There seems to be some belief that he ‘took one for the team’ and stopped a certain goal if he hadn’t of done it. It was just a ludicrous piece of decision-making, that on another night vs better opposition, could have led to us being absolutely battered after the sending off. As for the certain goal piece, how about he just does the job of a normal keeper, narrows the angle and attempts to make a save?

I know people want to protect some players on here and believe that Bravo is a victim of some kind of fan-based witch-hunt but come on, this is getting silly now.

I honestly can’t believe some of the stuff I am reading on here. Remember when he stopped a certain goal at Barca and got himself sent off when the game was only 1-0 and how we all celebrated his heroics, when it finished with us getting hammered? Me neither. People are actually congratulating a guy for getting sent off, on the basis that average Atalanta side failed to score with our right-back in net.

There seems to be some belief that he ‘took one for the team’ and stopped a certain goal if he hadn’t of done it. It was just a ludicrous piece of decision-making, that on another night vs better opposition, could have led to us being absolutely battered after the sending off. As for the certain goal piece, how about he just does the job of a normal keeper, narrows the angle and attempts to make a save?

I know people want to protect some players on here and believe that Bravo is a victim of some kind of fan-based witch-hunt but come on, this is getting silly now.
I hear what you say but in my view you are wrong !
Do you want to make a list of all the other City players you have not liked over the years (1, 5, 10, 25,50 years). I have supported city for a very long time. The fans always have to have someone to slag off. Bravo is just another in a long list.

I hear what you say but in my view you are wrong !
Do you want to make a list of all the other City players you have not liked over the years (1, 5, 10, 25,50 years). I have supported city for a very long time. The fans always have to have someone to slag off. Bravo is just another in a long list.

There’s been plenty of players over the years that have not been good enough. Some weren’t good enough when we were playing in the 3rd tier, some weren’t good enough when our aim was trying to avoid relegation from the Prem. By the same token, some aren’t good enough for this incredible team we are lucky to watch now. It’s just the way it is, unfortunately, like it or not, Bravo falls into this category.

For whatever reason, he had an absolute stinker of a 1st season and we went out and bought Ederson on the back of it. You could argue Bravo being shit did us a massive favour. I have no issues with Bravo being our Carabao Cup keeper and of course if Ederson gets injured he’s our backup and he’s as good as any backup around. Once he finds his way into the the team though, he isn’t a backup and must be judged by the same high standards as every other player. He can’t get an easy ride because some fans feel sorry for him. Pep didn’t feel sorry for him, he binned him after one season. I don’t remember too many dissenting voices towards Pep when he realised Bravo was a disaster. So when he makes a stupid decision, like he did the other night, people aren’t slagging him off because it’s Bravo, they’re having a go, because it was a stupid decision.

Why hasn't he been fucked off if he is as bad as you say? What is getting silly is the continual attack on him

are you ws01

He is ok as a number 2. Not good enough as a number one which was clear to Pep after one season. Hopefully Ederson will be back as soon as possible.

Why hasn't he been fucked off if he is as bad as you say? What is getting silly is the continual attack on him

I would imagine GBP is a huge factor in it. What team is going to take on a 36 year old, with a questionable couple of years behind him, when you factor in his wages? I can’t imagine they’d be queuing around the block, can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.