You'll never walk alone

i remember as a lad in the 70's singing it on the terraces of Portadown FC however if I recall rightly it was only when we were losing and was a sign of solidarity with the team at the end of the game. We also used to taunt the opposition fans with..."Walk on, walk on, with soap up your arse and you'll never walk again..... you'll never walk again"

Carousel.

Rogers and hammerstien
That's true and it's the most heart wrenching scene when Billy falls on his own knife and Julie cradles him in her arms and then You'll Never Walk Alone starts. The tears.....
A few years ago now, my sister and I were watching this film and the scene had just been on, we were blubbering away and the doorbell went and it was the insurance man (in the days of collecting), he thought he called at an inopportune moment as all he saw was two women in floods of tears, until we told him it was just the film:)
It is a wonderful song, L'pool aside.

Liverpool were most certainly the first to sing it on the terraces as it was a hit for Gerry in 63 and the gobshites were singing hits from the pop world. Horrible dirge that most turn their back on during the derby. Sung by loads now including feyenoord and fc Tokyo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.