Claudio Bravo - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ OrigamiNinja: Bravo was put in a position, from (as has been said) a very bad center field pass from his defense and he chose to close the angle down by coming out of his area and taking on a tackle. He got sent off for it sure - but that sending off was unfair. The Atlanta forward trailed his leg to make contact and kicked Bravo in the back of the head - otherwise there would have been no contact. Bravo played the tackle and it very probably saved the game from going 2:1 - he was unlucky to be sent off. I'm certainly not going to give him a hard time for that. I'd rather he did what he did and keep the point, than (potentially) coming away with nothing.

And the important thing is, it wasn't a foul. so i'm not 'applauding' him for being sent off - as the sending off was the wrong decision.

A few games he's played i have had him down as motm, just as i have done Eddy for pulling off some game winning saves.

Lets see how he fares at Anfield - he will be up against it, for sure. In fact he will be up against it enough without the fans giving him a hard time.

He's also had to adjust to a style of play he may not be entirely happy or comfortable with - playing from the back may not be his thing, but i think he's adjusted well. He's also happy to stay on the bench, as a second and take the games he does play - something many GK's / players wouldn't be happy with.

are you ws01

I’m not but if he/she judges the incident and the incident alone, I imagine that ws01 is a highly knowledgable individual. I will take their viewpoint over those on here who believe they are the 2nd coming of Nostradamus and the mythological goal that Atalanta were 100% going to score had Bravo not “taken one for the team”.

I would imagine GBP is a huge factor in it. What team is going to take on a 36 year old, with a questionable couple of years behind him, when you factor in his wages? I can’t imagine they’d be queuing around the block, can you?
So, we keep him and still play him. Must be really shit then as that is what top clubs do obviously

@ OrigamiNinja: Bravo was put in a position, from (as has been said) a very bad center field pass from his defense and he chose to close the angle down by coming out of his area and taking on a tackle. He got sent off for it sure - but that sending off was unfair. The Atlanta forward trailed his leg to make contact and kicked Bravo in the back of the head - otherwise there would have been no contact. Bravo played the tackle and it very probably saved the game from going 2:1 - he was unlucky to be sent off. I'm certainly not going to give him a hard time for that. I'd rather he did what he did and keep the point, than (potentially) coming away with nothing.

And the important thing is, it wasn't a foul. so i'm not 'applauding' him for being sent off - as the sending off was the wrong decision.

A few games he's played i have had him down as motm, just as i have done Eddy for pulling off some game winning saves.

Lets see how he fares at Anfield - he will be up against it, for sure. In fact he will be up against it enough without the fans giving him a hard time.

He's also had to adjust to a style of play he may not be entirely happy or comfortable with - playing from the back may not be his thing, but i think he's adjusted well. He's also happy to stay on the bench, as a second and take the games he does play - something many GK's / players wouldn't be happy with.

I think we all agree that it was a fuck up in middle of the park and a dive from the forward. The thing we can’t agree on is Bravo being in that position, 25 yards from goal, to allow the forward a chance to dive. I don’t want my keeper getting sent off for making a challenge so far out. Some on here are not judging the incident, they’ve convinced themselves that he saved a certain goal, because nobody ever misses a one-on-one. Given that he has now been done twice in 4 CL games suggests that his decision-making is questionable to say the least and I am unsure how anyone can defend this.

So, we keep him and still play him. Must be really shit then as that is what top clubs do obviously

Not sure what point you are trying to make here? He was Peps guy. Pep fucked off Hart for him in ruthless fashion. Then a year later Pep went and spent £30m on a replacement. So despite many on here defending Bravo to the hilt, even when every single shot on target he faced, ended up in the back of the net, it’s clear that Pep didn’t share the same faith in him. So we were left with a 33 year old keeper, on massive wages and a long contract, who had spent a season not making a save. As I said, who is gonna buy that? So he remained at the club and is playing in the Carabao Cup, much like Willy did before him. It’s what we do. As soon as it’s feasible, either through his contract ending or some form of mutual consent, Bravo will be gone.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here? He was Peps guy. Pep fucked off Hart for him in ruthless fashion. Then a year later Pep went and spent £30m on a replacement. So despite many on here defending Bravo to the hilt, even when every single shot on target he faced, ended up in the back of the net, it’s clear that Pep didn’t share the same faith in him. So we were left with a 33 year old keeper, on massive wages and a long contract, who had spent a season not making a save. As I said, who is gonna buy that? So he remained at the club and is playing in the Carabao Cup, much like Willy did before him. It’s what we do. As soon as it’s feasible, either through his contract ending or some form of mutual consent, Bravo will be gone.
My point is quite obvious. Top clubs do not select shit players to play.

I may be wrong but it seams the basis of your argument of him being shit is his 1st seasons performance. Apologies if that isn't the case. At the end of the day, all we can agree on is a difference of opinion

My point is quite obvious. Top clubs do not select shit players to play.

Top clubs typically play a 2nd string in the Carabao Cup, we are no different. The scousers got to a CL final with Karius in net and paid the price and they have spent half of this season, playing a keeper that West Ham gave away in the summer, because circumstances dictated it. Average players end up playing at top clubs all the time.

I may be wrong but it seams the basis of your argument of him being shit is his 1st seasons performance. Apologies if that isn't the case. At the end of the day, all we can agree on is a difference of opinion

His first season is long gone and his role at the club is now completely different. I only care about the here and now and I just can’t get my head around people defending what he did the other night. However, I agree with your last statement...a difference of opinion is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.