How Do You Get Your Music?

Where to begin? Still play tons of my homemade cassettes, my CD's, Youtube,
Mp3 and flac files played through my mp3 player, phone, laptop, desktop, sometimes through earbuds but mostly through the rca plug adapter connected to my home stereo or the Aux. in on my car system. A lot of those files converted from my catalogue and from blogs that have non-commercial stuff(support the artists!)
and of course the old standby...
3-UyuqWtKszGu7dGrwNkZpYq8p5zLBB8GJk0_cZquwY.jpg

YouTube mp3 converter, although I do this about once every six months, might sound strange but I'm not a big music lover.

Most of my music was from CD’s that are now on my phone via iTunes. I download the occasional track I like from the same service.

I’ve no idea about new music now.

CD's mostly purchased from Amazon these days. Used to buy a lot from a Second Hand Music store in Reading but don't work in Reading anymore and less and less stuff was turning up that I wanted.

All the cds' get loaded to my iTunes of course.

Still got all my vinyl but very rarely play that; especially as most of the best stuff is duplicated on cd.

I’ve moved with the times and the times have moved to a more convenient and higher quality listening world for music.

No matter what record companies or the actual artists say; music is not about the artists earning money (and it’s certainly not about the record companies earning money), it’s about the music being listened to.

If artists are more bothered about earning money than they are their music being listened to, they’re in it for the wrong reasons.

I have Apple Music and listen to YouTube Music too. The genres I like and the “Recommended...” sections are where I find my music, as well as BBC Radio 6 Music (although that’s one downhill this year as it’s starting to get a bit mainstream).

I couldn’t be arsed with a vinyl collection. An old house mate of mine had thousands of them and they all just sat there idle most of the time. A total waste of money and space for such little usage. And really they don’t sound that good compared to digital music now (as long as it’s not compressed).

People say stuff like “but that crackle you get with vinyl, it’s that authentic sound you can’t get with digital music”... but there’s no crackle when you listen to a band live, there’s no crackle when you’re sat in a studio listening to them record an album.

You can’t warp digital music like you can vinyl, you can’t jam and ravel up digital music like you can a cassette when it gets stuck, you can’t scratch digital music like you can a CD.

The listening experience of music now is better than its ever been. And while a lot of people are lazy and don’t search for good music that’s out there and come out with the lazy and incorrect lines like “music’s not good anymore” “music isn’t like it used to be” “modern music is rubbish”... if you actually look away from the mainstream (which is and always has been shit), there’s a world of fantastic music out there that in decades gone by you’d never be exposed to. You just knew what you knew or what your mates knew or what John Peel told you about, and that was that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being a tight get I like as much as possible for free. I use Deezloader after seeing it mentioned in a thread on here. I have more or less all the music I like downloaded to my tablet for free & it's great.

What do you use?
I pay £20 per month for Tidal and stream master quality music. Fantastic value imo.

Amazon Unlimited as part of my Amazon Prime package. Love it.
Internet Radio usually on catch up through Mixcloud/SoundCloud and some stuff from BBC Sounds.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.