Premier League Games 8/9/10 November

I don’t disagree.

I just think the tech isn’t where it needs to be for offsides.

They should get 10 seconds to decide or have an ‘umpires call’ grey area like cricket.

I agree it isn’t where it needs to be but like I’ve commented, the tech can improve, the people that control it...no hope whatsoever.

Plus, if they keep introducing shit rules or implementing some dodgy policy, it won’t give the tech the room to grow.

I do agree with you.

I agree that it has its flaws. However, it’s more evident because of incompetent people managing the whole thing. From the rules, to implementation, etc.

When you have someone like Mike Riley as head of PGMOL, that says it all really.
I agree, it is absolutely made worse by the people operating it. But I am convinced a lot of that is not ineptitude, it is intended outcome.

As a person that often has to contribute to developing new systems (that always involve people at some stage, even though they are largely automated for analytics production), how you devise the safeguards to mitigate human error and/or malicious activity is just as important as the technology and programming itself.

You can create a perfect system from tech and programming perspectives, for it to be completely useless because the one human input point is easily broken or manipulated.

I guess an asterisk will have to be placed against the dippers title win this season ! Yea like that would happen !

Reactions: Pam
I agree it isn’t where it needs to be but like I’ve commented, the tech can improve, the people that control it...no hope whatsoever.

Plus, if they keep introducing shit rules or implementing some dodgy policy, it won’t give the tech the room to grow.

I do agree with you.

Absolutely.

As it stand, the hand ball rule is atrocious, for example.

How it’s different in different parts of the pitch isn’t football.

It's been shown to not be fast enough or accurate enough to be making such tight calls,they need to go back to the drawing board and decide on a more realistic margin of error,also clear and obvious flew out of the window straight away but they still claim to be using it

Exactly. They’re beyond their depth. We can see its current usage as an experiment to get it right. However, whenever I think of Mike Riley as head of PGMOL, I just shake my head.

Only thing I hope for, more than anything these days, is for City to become more ruthless in front of goal. So that whatever calls they want to make won’t matter

Richard Keys and Andy Grey brilliantly absolutely ripping into VAR.

Showing how these offside decisions by VAR are absolutely incorrect.

They zoomed out on the Burnley one and the shot VAR used was actually when the ball had left the foot; and the SheffU goal the defender’s line runs through his knee (not the end of it) and the attacker’s line runs from the very end of a blurred shot of the foot...

Both were onside when BeIN used the lines properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.