Premier League Games 8/9/10 November

Double edged sword, as it will just cement their 'always the victim's' status. They'll end up with favourable VAR decisions for every game to the end of the season, and nobody will remember the 6 points VAR has robbed us of.
Exactly this.

So many (not on here, mostly ****s on twitter) believe corruption can only be proven if the decisions ALWAYS favour the team you are asserting are being unfairly advantaged. But if any of them had ever studied corruption in sport over the centuries, they would realise that it does not work that way.

It has to be managed to reduce scrutiny and muddle how things are being manipulated, which includes “stat padding” and inconsequential effects, like a bad decision against the otherwise advantaged team which as little-to-no impact on the actual ultimate intended outcome. Examples of this include dubiously disallowing a Liverpool goal when they are already up 3-nil or giving a dubious penalty in stoppage time to a team playing United that will allow them to win the penultimate match of the season, when United are 7 points clear at the top of the table.

You only have to read about the Juve corruption scandal (over years in the Serie A) to see the dirty tricks used, including the misdirection.

on what possible grounds was that a penalty? He simply pulled his shoulder to stop him getting to the ball. That's allowed surely?
Even in Rugby that's a penalty

Sitges on the coast near Barcelona and her uncle had a business renting apartments in Salou
I have been to Sitges a few times (the film festival is always a good), it is a lovely place.

I’ve not been to Salou but I hopefully have plenty of time rectify that!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.