Liverpool (A) - Pre Match Thread

Prediction - Liverpool (A)

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody know you have a more than capable bench. Better than most teams first eleven. So....
If City were at full strength, playing at home, against Liverpool with half their team missing, I'd expect City to take Liverpool apart. If you're honest, you're expecting Liverpool to take City apart - a 5 foot 9 holding midfielder playing centre back. Ederson (best sweeper keeper in the world) crucial to the way City play - not playing. David Silva (best player in the Prem according to Gary Neville) - not playing. Laporte - imperious - not playing. Sane - unpredictable but a nightmare to play against - not playing, Rodri - 100 per cent pass completion in some games - not playing. I could go on. Take VVD, Alisson, Salah, Firminho, Mane out of the Liverpool team at the same time long term and do they carry the same threat ? Then again, last season City were injury ravaged but still topped a virtually full strength Liverpool by comparison.

I was going to swerve the build up,damn vinny i'm going to have to watch it now
I will be recording the match, but only intend to watch from just before the ko. If we win I will watch all the build up. It would.give me so much pleasure listening to the dipper love in, knowing they have lost with a smug grin on my face, as I sip my congratulatory glass of red wine

I think they are very similar to OM (Marseille) fans :
-during their drought, they always relied on talking about their history (OM fans won't shut up about their dubious CL win in 1993),
-once they win a trophy after more than a decade, they become even more annoying and the media can't stop talking about them,
-they can't stop bigging up the special "atmosphere" of their stadium,
-and worst of all, they are always so arrogant, they have always so righteous, you could think they are soooo clean. And they won't stop moaning about your money as they are obviously jealous.

I really can't think of a single good thing about Liverpool football club.
Liverpool fans go on about 'history'. Never forget the 96, but some Liverpool fans have some truly dark, dark history. They set English football back decades and prevented a truly exceptional Everton team under Howard Kendall having a tilt at the European Cup. Some Liverpool fans are selective about history and so are the media.

I will be recording the match, but only intend to watch from just before the ko. If we win I will watch all the build up. It would.give me so much pleasure listening to the dipper love in, knowing they have lost with a smug grin on my face, as I sip my congratulatory glass of red wine
That is a good plan tbf,i really want to see what vinny says,i might listen when he is speaking and mute it when the others talk,labour intensive but maybe the only option lol

Pep Guardiola on #LIVMCI: "Statistics? I don't think about much those, but a long time without winning shows how difficult it is to succeed at Anfield. Maybe Sunday, it will end. Life goes on. It’s a game and we will do what we have do to win try and win it."

"I can't explain our record. I can explain my periods there. In the last few minutes, we had a penalty to win at Anfield. It’s not easy to go to stadiums like Anfield. Liverpool are a good team, what can I say? Everyone knows."

Pep Guardiola: “I’ve never gone into a game feeling like an outsider or an underdog, thinking I am not going to win. I am not going to take the bus to Liverpool thinking I am going to lose the game. That has never happened in my career..."

“If we do the special things we plan, we will have our chance. I accept to win we have to be at the top level. Definitely. We can’t be half and half at Anfield - the way they play demands incredible attention in all the details for the whole 95 minutes.”

Just imagine if we could actually pull off the win tomorrow, as difficult as that will undoubtedly be. Would it rank as one of our finest wins since we were founded back in 2008?
With all our injuries it would be a miracle,what a message to send though,if kev is on it then makes a huge difference,seems dave might play some part which would be very welcome,keeping the ball is so much easier with dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.