Liverpool pay City £1 million in "spy" settlement for hacking - biggest PL scandal

Correct. No way can they claim to have had no knowledge. If they are found guilty then the only possible sanction is a points deduction whether they like it or not.

or $200m fine & suspended from playing in a competition for a year if it’s comparable to Maclarens.

Correct. No way can they claim to have had no knowledge. If they are found guilty then the only possible sanction is a points deduction whether they like it or not.
The first step is seeing them charged. This might not be doping, or match-fixing but theft of information from a rival club, on a massive scale over a sustained period, is an incredibly serious allegation whose sanction could extend beyond a points deduction.

It's so serious that I do wonder if the Premier League will have the bottle to charge them. There have been reports that a Parliamentary committee is monitoring this so the Premier League has to be careful. If there's evidence out there to support such allegations then the regulators have to do their job or they themselves will be in trouble.

The first step is seeing them charged. This might not be doping, or match-fixing but theft of information from a rival club, on a massive scale over a sustained period, is an incredibly serious allegation whose sanction could extend beyond a points deduction.

It's so serious that I do wonder if the Premier League will have the bottle to charge them. There have been reports that a Parliamentary committee is monitoring this so the Premier League has to be careful. If there's evidence out there to support such allegations then the regulators have to do their job or they themselves will be in trouble.

Where did you hear reports of a parliamentary committee, ive heard practically nothing.

sounds good apart from committees are normally best place to bury skeletons.

Any news from any other clubs?
I believe the Times has reported that there are 2 other Premier League clubs who are pushing the Premier League to investigate.

I wonder if they are clubs whose staff have been poached and who might also have concerns? This is a big part of the issue. It has been presented as Liverpool spying on Manchester City. City found out, and reached a private settlement with LFC, but what if they did this to other clubs, and no one knows, but maybe suspects.

If I were a Premier League club who lost scouts to LFC in that period, I'd be pulling in the forensic IT experts to check their records.

I think Damian Camoli came from spurs but I just found this interesting article.

Poached from Manchester City following the appointment of Brendan Rodgers in 2012, Fallows is Liverpool's head of scouting and recruitment, responsible for co-ordinating the club's worldwide network of scouts with regards to potential targets.

He works closely with Barry Hunter, the club's chief scout, to attend matches, gather information and compile detailed player reports which are accessed by Edwards, Klopp and others.

Speaking in November, Klopp credited Fallows and Hunter with playing key roles in the decision to sign Mo Salah from Roma last summer.

1x1.png

“The scouting department was really behind me, and wanted to do it even earlier so that nobody could jump in!” he said.

“We were sure he can help us. Michael Edwards, Dave Fallows and Barry [Hunter], they were really in my ear and were on it: ‘Come on, come on, Mo Salah, he’s the solution!'”

The more that is uncovered and revealed about this rancid club enforces why they clearly are the most detestable set of cnuts in football.

From officials to ex-players , managers and feral supporters , the theme is exactly the same . Win at all costs , show little respect to others , and cheat in whatever way .

I was 100% behind their EC win in 2005 coming back from 0-3 at half time , but ever since they have been absolutely detestable .

Without the love of media whores they would have been roundly criticised , rightly so , for not winning the PL in 29 going on 30 years , anf yet they are lauded and hyped at every given opportunity .

As current PL champions ( and the rest of the football world ) I hope we thoroughly piss on their parade today .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.