Legal advice for a mate

My mate was charged with assault a couple of months ago. He says it was self defence - he was at his girlfriend's house, then a male relative came in and was surprised to see him there. There was an altercation, and the friend was charged with assault. Tracker put on, and he has not been allowed in the same postcode as the now ex-girlfriend (which is same as his postcode). So he has been staying with relative a few miles away

Had court date last week at Magistrate court, but neither witness (gf and the gf's male relative) turned up despite court summons. Now case date postponed by 6 weeks. His life is on hold in meantime and he's getting very depressed.

How much of the impact on his mental health could help in the case being dropped?

I don't suppose this male relative happened to be her husband?

My mate was charged with assault a couple of months ago. He says it was self defence - he was at his girlfriend's house, then a male relative came in and was surprised to see him there. There was an altercation, and the friend was charged with assault. Tracker put on, and he has not been allowed in the same postcode as the now ex-girlfriend (which is same as his postcode). So he has been staying with relative a few miles away

Had court date last week at Magistrate court, but neither witness (gf and the gf's male relative) turned up despite court summons. Now case date postponed by 6 weeks. His life is on hold in meantime and he's getting very depressed.

How much of the impact on his mental health could help in the case being dropped?
None

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.