Pubs near Anfield

I'd drink in town and jump a cab as Walton is a shithole. Ship and mitre is a good pub just by the tunnel.

I shop on Bold Street when I go to Liverpool and there’s bars and pubs around there. A group of Everton fans took me under their wing in Budapest one night and I have to say they were great blokes. They hated the red men!

They absolutely hate them. All this scousers sit side by side etc is bullshit.

I'd drink in town and jump a cab as Walton is a shithole. Ship and mitre is a good pub just by the tunnel.

Yep. Liverpool city centre is actually pretty safe for drinking when playing them, and The Arkles, etc, are normally ok too. I also like The Abbey on your side of Stanley Park - was in there after Anelka did the business in 2003 and dented their CL hopes. Was full of Liverpool and surprised we didn’t get a bit more grief to be honest. Of course, there’s always a danger of walking into a pub at the wrong time but that can happen anywhere. I’ve actually witnessed more problems at Tranmere away drinking in their pubs than I ever have when we’ve been away at Everton or Liverpool.

I think the main issue is usually getting back to Lime St afterwards.

Just watch - I’ll probably get knifed in The Arkles later now I’ve said all that!

They absolutely hate them. All this scousers sit side by side etc is bullshit.
Used to be the case years ago but far more hostile now. Their arrogance as they sit in our ends has eroded the welcome. I remember a cup semi final at Wembley and one was sat few seats away with his Everton mates.They scored, he jumped up, his mates warned him. They scored again, he jumped up , they left him on his own. Funny thing is they say we're bitter

Yep. Liverpool city centre is actually pretty safe for drinking when playing them, and The Arkles, etc, are normally ok too. I also like The Abbey on your side of Stanley Park - was in there after Anelka did the business in 2003 and dented their CL hopes. Was full of Liverpool and surprised we didn’t get a bit more grief to be honest. Of course, there’s always a danger of walking into a pub at the wrong time but that can happen anywhere. I’ve actually witnessed more problems at Tranmere away drinking in their pubs than I ever have when we’ve been away at Everton or Liverpool.

I think the main issue is usually getting back to Lime St afterwards.

Just watch - I’ll probably get knifed in The Arkles later now I’ve said all that!
The abbey is good though have had issues in there after derby games. The snides will pick off odd stragglers mainly, city centre is good normally just avoid the blob shop.

The abbey is good though have had issues in there after derby games. The snides will pick off odd stragglers mainly, city centre is good normally just avoid the blob shop.

Yeah, I was originally supposed to be on the train and walking back to Lime St today - something I’ve done before - but given the current situation I think it could be a bit more risky than usual so have cadged a lift there and back instead. Will probably get the car bricked now!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.