Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Didn’t really play that badly, just lost concentration again at key times, a recurring theme at Anfield. Not sure we can reel them in this season as we look dog tired and more injuries will likely follow.

A lot to be said about us, but I will say this tho

Liverpool are nothing special
They have more points than us over quite a long period of time now. Probably going back about 20 months or something, they have more points than us over that time. So they are clearly top class to be able to do that.

The season starts here, if we want to push them all the way, it’s gonna take at least 15 straight wins, which with that defence, not too sure we can achieve

Anyway, go down fighting like we did today and they’ll be no complaints from me
Nah.

I think this solidifies Pep and the Club putting everything into the CL now.

Sure, we need to keep chugging in the PL, but I just can’t see City winning 3 MORE games than Liverpool between now and the end of the season.

If nothing else, this has perfectly illustrated why a bit of luck with injuries is absolutely key.

Fair play to Liverpool. They pushed and pressed and harried, as we knew they would, and the ref gave them every break he could, but they finished off chances, whereas EVEN WITHOUT THE PENALTY AND THEM GETTING A GOAL FROM IT, we STILL could have won the game with the chances we had.

Next up, Chelsea, who are flying, too. Going to be a big, big month or so.

Hard to be too critical of a team wracked with injuries, that's won the last 2 titles with record point totals.

We DO have a couple of imposters out there.
Bravo isn't a 5th choice keeper and to be honest I think I'd rather have just played 11 outfield players.

I still don't know what the point of Gundogan is if you're playing another defensive midfielder.

Apart from that, what can you really say?

The officiating was poor. I'm not convinced Salah was onside for the 2nd goal, he looked offside in the replay they showed immediately following the goal and then it took then 30 minutes to find one more freeze frame apparently showing him ON. That's all we got.

TAA handball and TAA's antics in general were a joke. If I were Sterling I think I would have thrown in a legbreaker and been sent off by the end.

Robertson has a very punchable face and his shit-eating grin doesn't help.

We've been shit at Anfield since long before Pep came. Aguero just can't seem to score there, not even a tap-in. Everything was stacked against us even before the match. You always support and want to win but this was always going to be tough given our current situation.

I want to see genuine progression in the back-end of the champions league now. We should get Laporte back before the quarter finals and that'll help tremendously. We need to make sure we finish top of our group.

I know I have become completely myopic about him, but Gundogan once again was an absolute disgrace. Now I’m well aware that other players didn’t play well either, however this is Gundo every fucking week - he’s so slow it’s unbelievable, his first action when receiving the ball is to turn backwards and play the ball back to a defender, and he hides from the ball constantly taking up positions where he can’t receive it.

He's not up to it, I felt he was but today was simply one to many gutless performance.
Stones is fine. Defenders need to play together every week. The problem is the chopping at the back...and I aint blaming Pep - it's simply because of the injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.