Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Absolutely spot on. Especially the fouling. Fabinho no yellow how? TAA was practically clotheslining sterling all afternoon. Mane must have committed 12 fouls on his own.
How many fouls on Bernardo? I counted at least 5 in the first 10 minutes. They saw him beat them on his own and decided to nail him.
Corrupt.

Nah.

I think this solidifies Pep and the Club putting everything into the CL now.

Sure, we need to keep chugging in the PL, but I just can’t see City winning 3 MORE games than Liverpool between now and the end of the season.

If nothing else, this has perfectly illustrated why a bit of luck with injuries is absolutely key.

Fair play to Liverpool. They pushed and pressed and harried, as we knew they would, and the ref gave them every break he could, but they finished off chances, whereas EVEN WITHOUT THE PENALTY AND THEM GETTING A GOAL FROM IT, we STILL could have won the game with the chances we had.

Next up, Chelsea, who are flying, too. Going to be a big, big month or so.

Nah but you agree??

We certainly won’t be winning the champions league with that defence

The officiating was terrible but they were better than us. They’ve lost 1’pf their last 50 league games which is some going. We haven’t reached the heights of the last couple of years this seasons, that’s the truth
I honestly don’t think they were. Our defence is a shambles but we had more ball and probably more chances.

Our next 8 fixtures are:

Chelsea
Newcastle
Burnley
Rags
Arsenal
Leicester
Wolves
Sheffield Utd

So we have 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th in the table. After playing 1st today. So we are starting a run of 8 games where we play the entire top 8.

This gap is going well into double figures. Impossible to win all them with these injuries and this defence.
I wouldn't look at Liverpools upcoming fixtures if I was you.

We're 9 points down and haven't even played any decent yet apart from today.

We lost because we didn’t take our chances. VAR didn’t help but we had the opportunities and we didn’t take them. Good performance in general, particularly Sterling, Bernardo and Angelino. Bravo isn’t good enough and Sergio had a poor game as did Gundog.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.