Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Pep Guardiola: "We showed why we're the champions. The way we play in this stadium, i'm so proud of my players"

Pep Guardiola: "We drop points because of our fault. We'll fight to the end and grow as a club... It was an honour to watch this game"

Vinny,it all hinged on the penalty not being given

We took their defence apart time and and again, we just need at least 8 chances to score 1, conversely, every team we play (and utd) only need 1 or 2. Sky can gloss over all they like, but that shower of shite is at least one level below city. Imagine if we got their favouritism from the officials, we would have had the league wrapped up by now.

918tI%2BO8avL.jpg

Not Premiership material !

I have to admire his restraint, if I was a player or the manager I’d have been banned ages ago.
Yep there definitely seems to be a two tier justice system operating in media and officialdom.

It's like JFK all over again who couldn't be let out of Dallas alive

Shite because it's them nasty despicable cockwombles, but you have to be honest and say that we created our own downfall. Gundo shite for the first goal, defence is dodgy as hell, and we missed a bucket-load of chances that should have been taken. We should have at least grabbed three of the chances we had.

Blaming VAR and referee is easy, but it should never have been a question. We should have drawn that easily, if not won it. But, we gave away some daft goals and missed a good few sitters. No way under normal circumstances we should be going home with nothing after that. We had a ton of possession and there was waaaaay more action in and around their box than in ours, and that's what hurts. We SHOULD have come away with something, even if it was just a point.

Bad bad day at the office. Another day they would have scored just one of them goals and we could have had three or four. So please don't talk about it being all about VAR and the ref. It was in our hands and we fucked it up. Add to that the absence of Eddy, LaPorte, Mendy alone and they wouldn't have ever got three.

Just hope the squad is 100% right for the game at the Etihad. If we are we'll do them for sure.

yup....gundo was at fault for the first and partly the third as well....he was pretty anonymous today (yet again against a better team)

People will automatcially blame the ref as they do every game we lose and in fairness the first penalty shout was a good one...it ould easily hve been given but the second one against TAA is not a penalty..the bal is hit at him for a couple of yds an his hand is down. Im not sure what the third one is as my stream started fucking up once we scored. so I may have missed something in the last 15 minutes.

We just are not clicking going forward (and we havent all season been at our fluid best)

Get Eddy andLaporte back and we could push them.....Sane will make a difference as well (but i aint pinning my hopes on someone who i think wants out)

Our next 8 fixtures are:

Chelsea
Newcastle
Burnley
Rags
Arsenal
Leicester
Wolves
Sheffield Utd

So we have 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th in the table. After playing 1st today. So we are starting a run of 8 games where we play the entire top 8.

This gap is going well into double figures. Impossible to win all them with these injuries and this defence.

None of those teams are any good apart from Chelsea, and we should beat them at home. Ederson will be back after the international games too, as should Rodri, and we'll have time to regroup and work on our finishing and defending.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.