Michael Oliver to ref Liverpool v City - City lodge complaint

A Premier League statement said: "The VAR checked the penalty appeal for handball against Trent Alexander-Arnold and confirmed the on-field decision that it did not meet the considerations for a deliberate handball."

A Premier League statement said: "The VAR checked the penalty appeal for handball against Trent Alexander-Arnold and confirmed the on-field decision that it did not meet the considerations for a deliberate handball."

Corruption justifying corruption. Sounds legit.

Sadly exactly as we suspected.

Imagine having the balls to disallow the first dips goal & give us a penalty.

Oliver, Dean & Tierney don't have a pair between them but are paid very well for deciding the correct decisions.

Thank you, thank you very much.

Twice.

newsflash, if a defender leaves his arms open, he makes his body bigger and stops a cross. That’s therefore a fucking penalty.

Two mitigating reasons for it not being a pen: first, defender's arm is clad in scarlet, second, it's in the Dippers' area. Yet another foul that had it happened on most other grounds against most other opponents would not have had the outcome passed on to VAR. Ref would have pointed to the spot within two seconds of ball bouncing away!

We knew we’d get fucked over. So in a sense theres no point complaining.

we know. Pep knows. Thatll do me.

on another point, take our chances and that game was there to be won. We didnt, they did.

balls out for Mbappe for me

I’ve no real issue with Oliver today, He should have booked a few of their players very early on but that’s nit picking.

The penalty is something that a lot of refs aren’t going to give and something we’ve seen across every game for the past few months. The problem is, with var in use, more refs than not are going to let play proceed and allow var to ref it for them.

of course, var have said they won’t re-ref games and so tend to back the refs who are leaning on the side of caution when they perhaps ordinarily wouldn’t because of the ability to use var afterwards. it’s turned into a vicious circle that could easily be rectified if we had adequate standard of officials and wasn’t so completely obsessed with this idea of backing refs regardless.

Look how well var was implemented midweek for our penalty which was a free kick then a penalty, that’s how to use it not the bullshit way we currently have.

Today’s decision lies with var though rather than the ref in my view

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.