John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very very very harsh. None of the goals were his fault, so I'm not sure what he did to infuriate you so much.

This is one of the problems with Stones. He's so bad that any time he doesn't directly cause a goal, people think he was OK.

He's weak, got billied by Mané all day today, he goes missing when every other defender is involved defending an attack - Stones somehow manages to be left marking clean air. He seems to make the wrong decision with regards to pushing up or dropping back 80% of the time, and he cannot organise the players around him to save his life.

You can see Walker and Fernandinho bollocking him after almost every play.

He was a good player when we signed him and is still one now. There was nothing wrong with the way he played today
Nothing particularly wrong, but compare him to Van Dijk and Lovren at the other end. Commanding, organising, blocking. We paid £50m for him because he had the potential to be world class. If he's going to be the future of our central defence, he needs to be more than just a good player, he needs to be one of the best in the world.

Woudln't get in Everton's defence which is a damning indictment. All the physical attributes needed but mentally a snowflake. Hence his private life

His backing off for the first goal was poor. He should have just fouled their man 40 yards out, taken the booking and let us regroup. He is no leader that’s for sure. Our defence is a mess this season.

I heard something about his ex’s dad being his agent and making life very difficult for him?

Not sure if true but he has been very average last twelve months.

I’ve defended him to the hilt as he has the attributes but he is not showing it. A weak point in our defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.