Chelsea
Newcastle
Burnley
Rags
Arsenal
Leicester
Wolves
Sheffield Utd

So we have 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 10th in the table. After playing 1st today. So we started a run of 9 games where we play the entire top half except for Bournemouth.

This gap is going well into double figures. Impossible to win all them with these injuries and this defence.

You seem to get zero pleasure out of "supporting" City.
Most of us can see the passion and drive in this great team, we can't play against VAR. You always focus on the negatives.

All this VAR gurning is embarrassing, maybe the second incident with Alexander Arnold but it was close and his hand was in a natural position. The first hit Bernardo’s hand initially so we were never getting a penalty for that with this years handball interpretations.

We had a problem at Center half, left back and keeper but imo the main problem was the finishing up top. So many chances created, so little for their keeper to do.

You cant beat what is essentially 16 men when you factor in all the officials.

We dont have much luck at all with VAR do we?

I've no complaints, as I saw this coming. I was happy with the draw before kick off. Something is not quite right with us this season, & I've long since accepted this will be a crucial season of change for us, having lost Kompany, crazily not replacing him, & losing Silva, Otamendi & possibly Ferns come the season end (albeit I think Fern will get another 12 months)

We need to do the best we can for this season, concentrate on the highest top 4 finish & the cups. It's how we react come the end of the season which will map out the direction the club will take.

I trust Pep 100%, but playing as we are, I think we'd have been best playing a 4213 instead of 4123 away at Klanfield today. We've plateaued as the Dippers have reached their peak imo.

Our defence was always going to be our major weak point this season. There were fierce arguments over whether we should have replaced Kompany or not. I think what has happened so far this season has settled that argument for once & for all. We're 4th, & 9 points off the top.

That's the reality of it. Yes handball & offsides apart, we had enough chances to score, & only took one. We got what we deserved today, so well done you fuckin Dipper bastards, but we now need to sort our shit out lickety split.

Predicted 3-1 to them, so no surprise at the result. I actually thought we acquitted ourselves fairly well. We were much more composed on the ball than we often are against them, worked it through the lines pretty well, created some decent chances. Guilty of some amateurish defending for a spell in the first half, but they didn't have that many chances over the 90 minutes. Thought Stones and Fernandinho were largely good. Angelino was horrible defensively but, again, no great surprise.

The (non-)penalty decision was far and away the biggest moment in the match though. Changes the entire complexion of the game. Yes, we were guilty of poor defending subsequently, but had we gone 1-0 up instead of down at that point, the rest of the game would have played out very differently. That Oliver missed the handball in real time is just about excusable; that it was overlooked on review is indefensible. By the standards set this season, it wasn't remotely debatable.

As for the second goal, has any explanation been given to why the check on a decision that was obviously as tight as fuck either way was completed in about 5 seconds, whereas in every other similar instance this season its taken 2 or 3 minutes?

Pep Guardiola: "We showed why we're the champions. The way we play in this stadium, i'm so proud of my players"

Pep Guardiola: "We drop points because of our fault. We'll fight to the end and grow as a club... It was an honour to watch this game"

Vinny,it all hinged on the penalty not being given
Both quite correct.

Give the penalty in the 5th minute after a City onslaught, 1-0 City... COMPLETELY CHANGES THE GAME!

Go down the field and Liverpool score a worldie... COMPLETELY CHANGES THE GAME!

This is why I say VAR is cowardly. To have the balls to return the ball to City for a penalty AND disallow a Liverpool goal...all in the first 6 minutes...NEVER!

It would not surprise me to hear Oliver was telling them “No fucking way, lads! Don’t do this to me, I have another 85 mins to play!”

I really want to see foden & Mahrez more they both deserve it.

Id like to see sterling in the middle too. Aguero not firing at the minute and Jesus offers zero

We need to give Jesus a run in the side.

Aguero has been crap infront of goal for 2 months now, give Jesus 5 or 6 games in a row and see if he steps up. If he doesn't, we know we need to find another first choice striker soon and he isn't the succession plan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.