Liverpool (a) post-match thread

It's hand ball.

Salah was offside. I'm still waiting to see an actual VAR check and not the line sky used. Pretty art work but as much use as a chocolate tea pot. This appears to have been forgotten about.

It's also a penalty on Sterling and by the letter of the law the 2nd handball was also a penalty.

For all the talk of tactical fouling. Liverpool were excellent at it and went entirely unpunished throughout the football match.

So, critical moments and quite clearly corrupt and no man is going to convince me otherwise.

Noise aside of that, the actual football match. I thought we were okay. We are a better team than them overall. They are good at what they do and we seem to have an issue defending it. They were on our back 4 far too easily and we looked like conceding every time they attacked. Conversely, we created lots but never liked scoring the goals we would have needed.

Remember Liverpool are perennial chokers. They do it all the time. Far from over.

Liverpool away, champs league semi final,

spurs away champs league last year

Norwich away this year

wolves at home

and Liverpool away today.

Gundogan started all of those games in an attacking role and we lost all of them.

love the guy, as a DM he’s fantastic, but he just will never work as an attacking midfielder.
Indeed.

He’s a superb defensive mid. He’s an average attacking player.

Pep dropped Sterling and played Gundo on the right fucking wing at Anfield in the CL. It’s like he’s got some sort of warped vision about what Gundo is!

What can City have done about those first 2 goals. They were fantastic. First one a bit unlucky because of the VAR call. What a start for Liverpool.

Thereafter City played a good game but missed chances.

I thought Sterling was the best player on the pitch. Bernardo was everywhere. But nothing went for us in front of goal. Partly that is our fault.

I've thought for some time Liverpool would win the league because we are fragile defensively. In truth they won 3-1 and scarcely played today. They let us have the ball. I thought that was tactical, and pretty stupid tactics by Klopp because we could easily have scored earlier from one of many chances and it would have changed the game.

City need to get more out of De Bruyne. He is not at the level he was at. I don't know whether injuries have taken their toll, but he's just falling short.

Now I'm not bothered about not getting a penalty, but what frustrates me is it was from that break down in play Liverpool score! If that incident was centre field I have no doubt Oliver gives a free kick. So we have the ridiculous parody that he's scared to award a penalty as it's a game changing incident, but in not doing so he gives the offenders a chance to benefit almost immediately by creating a game changing incident! Absolutely f@#king baffling in the extreme. Incidentally for me it should be a penalty because his arm being away from his body stopped the ball going to an unmarked Sterling.

What's it with this 442? It seems like we knacker out kdb or Silva every game just chasing down centre halves

Proud of the way we played some players are not up to this level but still very good players game was decided on big decisions and small mistakes by our players the 3rd goal was terrible defending bravo done as well as he could so no blame attached to him we scared them lets get ot right even at 0-3 c.t.i.d we fight till the end.

Good post. We played some great football and dominated possession, shots and corners but that terrible decision not to give the penalty was a game changer. Had enough chances but did not take them. Once we get our defence sorted we are gonna be one hell of a team....come on City!!!!.

It's hand ball.

Salah was offside. I'm still waiting to see an actual VAR check and not the line sky used. Pretty art work but as much use as a chocolate tea pot. This appears to have been forgotten about.

It's also a penalty on Sterling and by the letter of the law the 2nd handball was also a penalty.

For all the talk of tactical fouling. Liverpool were excellent at it and went entirely unpunished throughout the football match.

So, critical moments and quite clearly corrupt and no man is going to convince me otherwise.

Noise aside of that, the actual football match. I thought we were okay. We are a better team than them overall. They are good at what they do and we seem to have an issue defending it. They were on our back 4 far too easily and we looked like conceding every time they attacked. Conversely, we created lots but never liked scoring the goals we would have needed.

Remember Liverpool are perennial chokers. They do it all the time. Far from over.
What I can't understand is how did gary Neville know before VAR that it wasn't a pen?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.