Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Ok, hopefully he makes it though.

We had many players struggling initially under Pep and then becoming valuable members of the team.
I think he'll always get a game against lesser teams but in the big games when everyone's fit Pep will buy, use Zinchenko or have a three with Laporte on the left .

For most of the season VAR has not over-ruled the ref regarding pens. I think it was a pen, but it is an interpretation about deliberate handball.

That moment changed the game, but I wouldn't go beyond it being an unlucky moment.

Unlucky moment ? My understanding of the whole principle of VAR is that it is meant to avoid "unlucky moments". That decision today showed up VAR for what it is : a shambles.

It’s a bit like saying we were tremendous apart from the work we did in both boxes, if a team needs 8 chances to score and concede 3 goals from few chances that is not a good thing. Missing chances is not bad luck it’s bad finishing which is part of being a good team. It’s not boxing you don’t win on points, number of passes or chances created/conceded. We were robbed for the first goal but after that we were poor where it mattered. Injuries cost us and pep clearly doesn’t trust Foden, Garcia or Mendy but does rate Gundogan.

You have to ask why bravo is still here, and why in a game of this magnitude with the way Liverpool play Fernandinho is playing at centre half and Angelino is playing left back against Salah.

That back 5 was not good fortunately in most games we have that much possession and play inferior attacking sides compared to Liverpool it doesn’t affect us. As soon as we play a decent side though we leak goals.

I’ve gone from totally fuming to “what did we expect?” The FA decided that the dippers had to win the PL this season ages ago. More evidence today that they will get their way. Let’s depose them as European Champions when we get a full team back
The league has never been won in November and there's a funny old stat that only one team has lost the premier league [twice] positioned in first at Xmas. Guess who?

Only four players in the game had more touches than him. No one made more key passes than him.

He wasn't directly responsible for their first goal. If you look at it he had to turn make a clearance when he wasn't ideally balanced to hit it hard through no fault of his own.

He should have done better on third third goal but so should other players.

People a just too keen to scapegoat Gundo.
never one to scapegoat a player but even I a short house unfit middle aged lard arse could have kicked it further than Gundo did.

Like the penalty we “scored” there last season to put us one up?

What the fuck has that got to do with today. How can you possibly relate the two?

Also, if you had the capacity to read the English fucking language you’d see I used the word likely so please, do fuck off.

Looking like Pep’s first season again. The football is there but the conversion rate is absolutely abysmal at the moment. Meanwhile we let the opposition score with their every shot they manage to put together. We are once again the victims of 1/100 strikes going against us. Not sure there is a solution to this as a lot of it is down to fortune and of course refereeing incompetence.

Until we get more ruthless in front of goal and have full backs incapable of stopping crosses coming in, these results will happen

Capable.

I agree with you mate, we've been awful at that for quite a while - hardly every block and opp cross - I can only recall Ben doing it a couple of times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.