Liverpool (a) post-match thread

This was for me our best performance by far at Anfield in recent years and still we lost so easily, which leaves me scratching my head. They didn't have us under the cosh for any significant period of the game, we were beating their pressing with ease, we were making the pitch as wide and forward deep as possible, so their LBs didn't do their usual thing - and still we shipped three goals. This is really becoming our own thing, how to be better and more dominant side the whole game and still lose a game just like that.
No point in debating refs, it's already a lost cause for us.
If we lose the title and I thing it's gone 98%, we should't turn to this game, but to that preposterous result against Norwich, or even Wolves.

Well, whatever. If you want to wallow in victim mentality that's your choice. All I am saying is that despite VAR and the ref, we fucked it up with bags of missed chances that should have been taken, and goals given away that never should have been given away.

All depends on what you want to concentrate on. Being a victim of VAR or seeing it like it is. Yes I agree that VAR is a huge fuck up. No doubt about that, but we're stuck with it and if we had taken our chances and not given away some of those goals (especially the first), we wouldn't be sitting here being pissed off about losing, VAR or no VAR.

Do you not see how the whole corrupt use or lack of use of VAR unsettled each and everyone of our players, manager and coaching staff

It’s not being the victim

It’s being blatantly fucked over by corruption

I can take the better team winning and can applaud great play but can see this for what it is

We set up with no intention of protecting what is a makeshift defence, Pep got that wrong, you can't go to Annfield and think its all going to go our way and we will boss it from start to finish
A better option for me would have been playing 3-5-2 or 5-3-2
Which ever way with 3 centre halves
of any configuration you want, Liverpool have the best front 3 around and add to that Alexander-Arnold and Robertson stop them and you stop the Dippers,
We turn up every season and play our own game at Annfield and come unstuck now and again we need to be a little bit pragmatic, but Pep doesn't do Pragmatic and until he does, these games will constantly go the wrong way for us and is the high up the list of reasons we can't get over the line in the later stages of Champs League,
I expected more from Pep today with regards to nullifying Liverpool and protecting certain players in our team as we are not in the best of form and the lack of bodies, he put them out their as if we were at full strength and it cost us, corruption not withstanding

The performance was as good as could be expected with the back 5 we played. The two full backs defending was abysmal, especially for the third. And I have no idea what happens to our strikers at Anfield but we had way more chances than them without including three completely fluffed sitters.

All in all with injuries, ref, var, defence, strikers I think we were the better team and didn't deserve to lose but it was expected.

I think you might want to look at Gundos contribution (or lack of it) for the third goal !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.