Liverpool (a) post-match thread

At 70 mins Jesus must have been the only fit player on the bench and Pep takes off Kun ( not having a great one, but lets try and win it ). The rest stay warm and dry.

Like Zin? He strikes me as steady prem standard too.
To be fair to Zinchenko, he's a midfielder, has very good passing ability and keeps the game ticking over, Silva and Sterling use him to bounce off down the left - the problem is he lacks pace.

We are not going to be good at corners unless we get some height in the side so taking short corners is better than just feeding it to the keeper and opposition centre-backs.
That's great Marvin, but we take them short and then give it straight to an opposition player, we might as well cut out the middle man, and just kick it behind, our corners are completely and utterly pointless 95% of the time.

We need to buy a defender in January. I have no confidence in Stones and the less said about Otamendi, the better. We also need to bin off Mendy if he can't even stay fit for half a season. I would also upgrade on Gundogan but have no idea if anyone world class is available as it seems Pep wants Bernardo on the wing.
Stones has some off field shit to deal with (from the mouth of one of the coaches I met at the airport recently) ... looks blank and really off his game to me... criminal when Garcia is available

Both ends of the pitch cost us today, Poor finishing from our front men and we were poor at the back for the three goals.
On another day we could have scored 5 or 6, That's our problem of late is our finishing.
Few positives from today though one in particular was Raheem Sterling, That was the first time he's gone to Anfield in a blue shirt and put in a very good performance especially second half he tore Trent a new one.

Less said about the penalty the better couldn't be more clear cut. Another outstanding Ref/VAR decision.

Well, whatever. If you want to wallow in victim mentality that's your choice. All I am saying is that despite VAR and the ref, we fucked it up with bags of missed chances that should have been taken, and goals given away that never should have been given away.

All depends on what you want to concentrate on. Being a victim of VAR or seeing it like it is. Yes I agree that VAR is a huge fuck up. No doubt about that, but we're stuck with it and if we had taken our chances and not given away some of those goals (especially the first), we wouldn't be sitting here being pissed off about losing, VAR or no VAR.

Decisions change games, anyone who follows or plays elite sports understands that.
One VAR decision call us victims, several call us targeted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.