Liverpool (a) post-match thread

What is the point of VAR?

I was all in favour of it’s introduction, but its arrival has just become an excuse to hand the title to Littlewoods, it seems. Spurs and the rags also appear to benefit disproportionately to other teams.

If the handball, and subsequent penalty had been given, who knows how the game would have turned out. Mind you, with Sergio's record at Klanfield, he would probably have missed!

The game was closer than the shoreline suggests, but it was the old, old story of City not taking our chances.

I loved Pep's sarcastic post-match "thank-you"s to the officials.

You can argue about the handball but maybe Bernardo handles it prior to that. The 3 goals for me could have been prevented. You're down to the barebones defensively as it is

That said I thought City played very well, a few agonizing shots just wide, a few straight at Alison, a few crosses with no clean contact or just behind the player etc. You could have had 4 goals on another day, mind you so could have them too. They just keep plugging away, but they can be caught.
Bernardo couldn't have done anything to get his arm out of the way, Arnold's arm came out, penalty all day long.

Forget Var and the ref and our poor defence, we simply miss too many chances. 3 on target shots from 18 attempts and its the same most weeks. Add to our non existent threat from set pieces and this is a big a problem as everything else. We must be the most wasteful team in the league

18 attempts and 13 corners and we manage 3 on target. It’s way too wasteful.

No, I just need to read what spell check does before I post, it’s a shame I’m not perfect like yourself

You are coming off like a 10 year old.

If you are young, then the best advice I can give you is to listen to those with a little more experience and stop being controversial for the sake of it.

If you are fully grown, then unfortunately there is little hope for you.

Work will be fun tomorrow. Any of you lot who has ever been to sunny (!) Ireland will be well aware that the country is awash with rags and dippers. And there's a few of them at work. Oh well. I'm sure someone will stand bail for me.
United are irrelevant and as for LiVARpool just call them murderers and walk away.

You can argue about the handball but maybe Bernardo handles it prior to that. The 3 goals for me could have been prevented. You're down to the barebones defensively as it is

That said I thought City played very well, a few agonizing shots just wide, a few straight at Alison, a few crosses with no clean contact or just behind the player etc. You could have had 4 goals on another day, mind you so could have them too. They just keep plugging away, but they can be caught.
I agree. It was a marginal penalty call imo, and although City dominated possession, the end product was missing. We created a lot of very good attacking sitautions and having gone 2-0 down, played a good game because a very good counter-attacking Liverpool side could not really get at us.

Just our luck that Liverpool scored with an absolute screamer after we almost got that pen. We just have to take it and go again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.