Var debate 2019/20

It's a great opportunity for PGMOL to explain every step of that decision.

From Bernardo to Arnold to a handball leading up to a goal.

For me it was no handball on Bernardo, handball on Arnold and a penalty.

The very worst case for us should have been handball on Bernardo, advantage given and then called back for a Liverpool free.

PGMOL should explain how a Liverpool goal is the correct decision but I'm convinced he doesn't want clarity in the rules. He wants vagueness and wiggle room to justify whatever decision his refs want to make.

Off Read but never red on Facebook.
If there’s any truth in it I don’t know, but it would explain a lot.

BREAKING NEWS AND ABSOLUTELY NO BULLSHIT...

We have it from an IMPECCABLE source that due to technical issues there was no VAR in use at today’s game - for the first half at least - possibly longer.

The match officials and Sky were informed - approximately 10 minutes before kick off. They were then asked/directed to do everything they could to make it appear that VAR was in use as usual.

That would go a long way to explaining why there were no VAR lines of Liverpool’s second goal and also why the goal was given with what - 10 seconds of so called VAR analysis? Sky resorted to drawing their own ‘VAR’ lines - lines which are questionable depending on which angle is taken.

As we all know VAR takes way too long and that’s why it attracts so much criticism, but magically today, it was giving feedback in a matter of seconds.

Both Liverpool and City only found out about the lack of VAR at half time, hence Pep’s reaction towards the officials

It appears the Premier League and PGMOL were, at the very least deceitful and dishonest today.

Whether the two clubs have been instructed to stay quiet about the VAR farce remains to be seen, but whichever way you cut it, it’s plain wrong and is hoodwinking the fans.

If anyone reading this wants to decry this post - go ahead - we really don’t give a shit! We’re just reporting what has been told to us by a person who was VERY closely involved in today’s game at Anfield.
HOLY SHIT (if true)

PL have issued a statement to clarify TTA handball stating VAR team felt it didnt meet criteria for deliberate handball

They havnt released a statement to clarify Liverpool scored a goal from an attack initiated by TTA accidental handball

As that accidental handball would of course led to the Liverpool goal being disallowed for the accidental handball.

David Ellerary recently confirmed that Jesus disallowed goal v Spurs following Laporte accidental handball although

a legal goal to the actual wording of the law should have been disallowed because when the law was introduced the

intention of the law was NO goal should be allowed whenever opposition handles the ball prior to goal being awarded.

Wonder what he thinks to this one?
The only thing I can think is a different phase of play. But PGMOL should tell us exactly why it wasn't ruled out.

The push in the back looked really obvious.
The armstrike (top right) I don't think was a penalty - close to him and close to Sterling.
Offside I'd have expected onscreen review and an 'official' picture.

In real time I can see that the 2nd hand ball would be harsh, not a lot he can do.

The rule though. What is the rule. My understanding was that any contact with the hand was hand ball this season?

Have I misunderstood that?

Off Read but never red on Facebook.
If there’s any truth in it I don’t know, but it would explain a lot.

BREAKING NEWS AND ABSOLUTELY NO BULLSHIT...

We have it from an IMPECCABLE source that due to technical issues there was no VAR in use at today’s game - for the first half at least - possibly longer.

The match officials and Sky were informed - approximately 10 minutes before kick off. They were then asked/directed to do everything they could to make it appear that VAR was in use as usual.

That would go a long way to explaining why there were no VAR lines of Liverpool’s second goal and also why the goal was given with what - 10 seconds of so called VAR analysis? Sky resorted to drawing their own ‘VAR’ lines - lines which are questionable depending on which angle is taken.

As we all know VAR takes way too long and that’s why it attracts so much criticism, but magically today, it was giving feedback in a matter of seconds.

Both Liverpool and City only found out about the lack of VAR at half time, hence Pep’s reaction towards the officials

It appears the Premier League and PGMOL were, at the very least deceitful and dishonest today.

Whether the two clubs have been instructed to stay quiet about the VAR farce remains to be seen, but whichever way you cut it, it’s plain wrong and is hoodwinking the fans.

If anyone reading this wants to decry this post - go ahead - we really don’t give a shit! We’re just reporting what has been told to us by a person who was VERY closely involved in today’s game at Anfield.

If and it is a big if, that is true and be proven to be true it will lift the lid of this league and its corruption and we should demand the game is replayed as a minimum.

Follow a blogger/ex-journo on Facebook, says that he has been told by an "impeccable" source that VAR wasn't actually in use today. At least for the first half.

Due to technical problems
well if thats the case the game should not have kicked off, if the ref faild to turn up pre VAR they could not continue with just two linesmen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.