Liverpool (a) post-match thread

its bloody hard reading all the post on here ??, its very sad that some are moaning and pointing fingers and i can understand fans paying good money to go and watch the game and they fully have the right to vent their views, but yes we lost but the bigger picture card must be play here and lets call it right please

we are down to the bare bones in defence and players not fully match fit and maybe playing when they should not be playing, also covering major role in the side is not easy in any game but the big games its impossible so again lets think about it before we jump on the team and pep and lets give credit to them for taking it to liverpool

i think its about 4 to 5 major players out or not match fit and laporte sane ederson are 3 main players that win or get you something in games like today, then add mendy struggling to get match fit and i even think KDB is still struggling with his fitness, so today liverpool got lucky with the city squad in a bit of a mess, but we still should and could have got something from the game if the official do there jobs proper and have so balls to give a stone wall pen,d from then on the players lost there cool and the game plan goes out of the window
Do you think Bravo, Stones and Gundogan would be ina first choice City 11 against a quality team?. No ifs or buts. Yes or no?

its bloody hard reading all the post on here ??, its very sad that some are moaning and pointing fingers and i can understand fans paying good money to go and watch the game and they fully have the right to vent their views, but yes we lost but the bigger picture card must be play here and lets call it right please

we are down to the bare bones in defence and players not fully match fit and maybe playing when they should not be playing, also covering major role in the side is not easy in any game but the big games its impossible so again lets think about it before we jump on the team and pep and lets give credit to them for taking it to liverpool

i think its about 4 to 5 major players out or not match fit and laporte sane ederson are 3 main players that win or get you something in games like today, then add mendy struggling to get match fit and i even think KDB is still struggling with his fitness, so today liverpool got lucky with the city squad in a bit of a mess, but we still should and could have got something from the game if the official do there jobs proper and have so balls to give a stone wall pen,d from then on the players lost there cool and the game plan goes out of the window
Are we down to the bare bones in defence though? In terms of numbers available, we have plenty of players fit and able to play there. They are just not good enough in the main, that’s the real issue. Laporte is the only gem we have back there.

I know I have become completely myopic about him, but Gundogan once again was an absolute disgrace. Now I’m well aware that other players didn’t play well either, however this is Gundo every fucking week - he’s so slow it’s unbelievable, his first action when receiving the ball is to turn backwards and play the ball back to a defender, and he hides from the ball constantly taking up positions where he can’t receive it.

Yep, no defending his performance today. When it's a battle he goes missing.

We can’t win the title season after season so if this is one of the times we don’t then we’ll have to take it on the chin.

To me it seems like bigger changes are needed for next season than seemed likely at the start of this one so perhaps the question is will Pep be around to make them or not?

Stones gave the ball away numerous times in dangerous situations - some short range no pressure passes, then he hoofs it crossfield and out for a throw while under no pressure. Clearly, something bothering/distracting him.
Or maybe he just can’t do what Pep wants him to.
Either way he looks proper lost on the pitch

That is my point. Nobody knows. When people say "if the penalty is given we would have won". We don't know. we could miss the penalty and they attack and score within 5 seconds. Pure speculation. So it doesn't necessarily follow that A: if we get the pen, we score and win B: they don't score from the resulting free kick and go on to win 7-0. We'll never know
Did you used to post as Oldham80?

Didnt see Keane say that, but he has a point.

Its not really about today is it - its about those 6 points dropped earlier in the season - losing today, and it wouldn't have been a biggie - would just be a case of stay close and reverse this result when they come to ours. That's why I'm actually less bothered today than I was after those 2 earlier games.

The other games have summed up our season so far. Conceding soft goals and missing chances, Norwich being the ultimate horror show. We have mentally dropped off at least 20% in my opinion, even in the games we have won. Such is our quality that will usually be enough to win most games, as we have, but against a more up for it and physical team it isn't, step forward Wolves and Liverpool. Norwich had their perfect newly promoted game against us and Spur's just got lucky, but the flaws were still there.

Injuries have cost us and we are definitely missing Kompanys leadership and presence, forget if he is one the field or not, he was our leader and talisman and here eleven years.

It is to this squads credit we won back to back titles and amassed 198 points into the bargain, fighting off an insanely strong challenge from Liverpool. This season I feel it has caught up with us.

I've actually raised this very point in the Michael Oliver thread but my post is waiting approval. The other possibility is that the ref felt neither were intentional handballs.

Intentional doesn’t come into it when the attacker is gaining an advantage. The Laporte one earlier in the season could have been any less intentional if possible.

We may already have them on the books: Sterling and Jesus.
Jesus isn’t the man to replace Aguero, that’s as clear as day. He’s been here nearly 3 years and he was at his best when he first arrived. He’s not improved at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.