Liverpool (a) post-match thread

We never get any decisions at Anfield. How Fabinho and Mane didn't get yellows for persistent and deliberate fouling. Oliver allowed them everything. The TTA handball would be a penalty probably 8 times out of 10. Arm outstretched - totally unnatural position. If that had been against us Oliver would have at least blown the play dead to allow at least a VAR review. Course they go straight up the other end and poor defending and questionable goalkeeping allows Fabinho to score.
They were just better in both penalty areas than us though we had plenty of the ball and were good up to their area. Defending was poor. Stones was frankly dreadful today. Bravo should have done better with the first and third goals though his distribution was good I thought. Angelino caught out for the second goal but I thought he had a decent game. Mendy £52 million and not in the 18 man squad for 'tactical reasons' beggers belief.
Gundogan was a waste of a shirt today. Offered nothing either going forward or defensively. Bernardo - took his goal well but apart from that distinctly average (again). De Bruyne - a shadow of his 17/18 form. Wasteful whenever he had the ball. No quality at all. He's been poor all season. Aguero - disappointing today. Had clear chances and just wasn't clinical. Maybe Anfield is a bogey ground for him as I cant remember him ever playing well there. Sterling - nothing came off for him but at least he was still busting his balls off right to the end. Probably should have had a penalty too.
We need to sign 2 new CBs and maybe another LB (hard to believe it). Either Sane signs a new deal or we'll need a new pace merchant out wide. A new CF too will need signing next summer. Another tough day where nothing went for us but with so many injuries and so many players out of form Liverpool took full advantage.

Spot on that Stan.

If the ball hit Bernardo’s arm and was deemed accidental it’s play on as no immediate advantage to city. Then the ball hit the Liverpool defender but as penalty not given they cannot score from a move that involves an accidental hand ball so the goal should have been disallowed

One of the best performances I can remember at Anfield. Despite that, we appear to be up against much more than just another team.

Found myself sat there thinking, we can't win this, when the rules can basically be made up on the spot, by someone that we can't see, it's not just the penalty or the goal, it's everything that goes with it, psychologically, that has to affect the players, knowing that no matter what they do, it can just be pulled apart based on one man's opinion.

It's just a hunch I have about him, I don't think he'll make it at City.
Mate, he's played 3-4 games since his returned. He's still young, but I can see a player in him, & a good one at that.

Listening to the match commentary, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was shocking. There were two major errors I spotted. The first was an errant pass around the halfway line which ceded possession, & led to a goal attempt, & the second where he should have stopped Henderson's cross which led to the 3rd goal. But what about Sergio's miss & the two headers missed by Stones? Those two incidences were bigger contributory factors in today's loss.

Aside from that, Angelino did little else wrong. His crossing wasn't as effective as it was last week, but these are things Pep can work on, just as he has with Jesus, & Sterling. We need to recognise his talent & get behind the kid. He's no Roberto Carlos, but he's far away from being as bad as some fans are making out.

Today was a collective effort. No one aside from Sterling stood out, but no one was outstandingly shit either. Today's result was coming from the moment we decided not to replace Kompany, & Laporte got injured long term.... We only have ourselves to blame, so please don't lay it at the feet of Angelino.

We never get any decisions at Anfield. How Fabinho and Mane didn't get yellows for persistent and deliberate fouling. Oliver allowed them everything. The TTA handball would be a penalty probably 8 times out of 10. Arm outstretched - totally unnatural position. If that had been against us Oliver would have at least blown the play dead to allow at least a VAR review. Course they go straight up the other end and poor defending and questionable goalkeeping allows Fabinho to score.
They were just better in both penalty areas than us though we had plenty of the ball and were good up to their area. Defending was poor. Stones was frankly dreadful today. Bravo should have done better with the first and third goals though his distribution was good I thought. Angelino caught out for the second goal but I thought he had a decent game. Mendy £52 million and not in the 18 man squad for 'tactical reasons' beggers belief.
Gundogan was a waste of a shirt today. Offered nothing either going forward or defensively. Bernardo - took his goal well but apart from that distinctly average (again). De Bruyne - a shadow of his 17/18 form. Wasteful whenever he had the ball. No quality at all. He's been poor all season. Aguero - disappointing today. Had clear chances and just wasn't clinical. Maybe Anfield is a bogey ground for him as I cant remember him ever playing well there. Sterling - nothing came off for him but at least he was still busting his balls off right to the end. Probably should have had a penalty too.
We need to sign 2 new CBs and maybe another LB (hard to believe it). Either Sane signs a new deal or we'll need a new pace merchant out wide. A new CF too will need signing next summer. Another tough day where nothing went for us but with so many injuries and so many players out of form Liverpool took full advantage.
I thought the Mendy thing was due to him not being able to play game after game because of his knee ? Either way, the issue must be coming to some sort of permanent resolution.......... if you know what I mean.

One of the best performances I can remember at Anfield. Despite that, we appear to be up against much more than just another team.

Found myself sat there thinking, we can't win this, when the rules can basically be made up on the spot, by someone that we can't see, it's not just the penalty or the goal, it's everything that goes with it, psychologically, that has to affect the players, knowing that no matter what they do, it can just be pulled apart based on one man's opinion.
Bang on the money mate

Sky invite Klopp for a pitch-side chat, invite Henderson to watch replays of his cross together. It’s Liverpool TV yet again.
Did you see the sickening embrace before the 'interview' with spit and shreeves began?

Carragher looked the way I would if I had the pleasure of meeting a '90's Jennifer Aniston ffs.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.