Var debate 2019/20

This is my final season after 45 years Ive had enough , cant stand the way the game has gone
I was just about to post the very same thing - but 60 years in my case. I switched it off after the second goal. Unfortunately, I switched it on for a few seconds in the second half - just in time to see Sterling pushed over in their box and nothing given. Not switched the TV on since.

At least I'll save around £1500 - £2000 a year - enough for a couple of good holidays.

The game is fucked.

Off Read but never red on Facebook.
If there’s any truth in it I don’t know, but it would explain a lot.

BREAKING NEWS AND ABSOLUTELY NO BULLSHIT...

We have it from an IMPECCABLE source that due to technical issues there was no VAR in use at today’s game - for the first half at least - possibly longer.

The match officials and Sky were informed - approximately 10 minutes before kick off. They were then asked/directed to do everything they could to make it appear that VAR was in use as usual.

That would go a long way to explaining why there were no VAR lines of Liverpool’s second goal and also why the goal was given with what - 10 seconds of so called VAR analysis? Sky resorted to drawing their own ‘VAR’ lines - lines which are questionable depending on which angle is taken.

As we all know VAR takes way too long and that’s why it attracts so much criticism, but magically today, it was giving feedback in a matter of seconds.

Both Liverpool and City only found out about the lack of VAR at half time, hence Pep’s reaction towards the officials

It appears the Premier League and PGMOL were, at the very least deceitful and dishonest today.

Whether the two clubs have been instructed to stay quiet about the VAR farce remains to be seen, but whichever way you cut it, it’s plain wrong and is hoodwinking the fans.

If anyone reading this wants to decry this post - go ahead - we really don’t give a shit! We’re just reporting what has been told to us by a person who was VERY closely involved in today’s game at Anfield.
If this is true then the game must be replayed to ensure the integrity of the league and means all games are being played under the same set of circumstances

So; by my quick reckoning, that's 5 penalties we've been diddled out of so far this season.

Rodri vs Spurs
Merlin at Bournemouth
KDB at Palace
At least one today for handball.

And also one in the CL, a trip on Kun against Dinamo.

They (yep, them again) reckon these things even themselves out over the course of a season. So I'm looking forward to a boatload of ridiculous VAR calls in our favour for the rest of the season.

They will only suffer at the likes of city though, still get loads of brainless tourists turning up at anfield and Trafford to watch a product that is like WWE x Harlem Globe trotters.

We are no different mate in that the club is all about attracting the corporate/tourists football fans who will pay ridiculous money for a package, wear the half n half scarf, pull the credit card out in the club shop etc.

Liverpool gained possession of the ball with Arnold's handball and subsequently scored a goal. I understood the rules were changed this season disallow such goals. I don't understand why the goal was not disallowed. Is there any reason why it should not be disallowed?

They were changed but not to what you say.

Goals are disallowed if it goes in off an arm (attacker), or if a goalscoring opportunity is created. It was 90 yds and 20 seconds - that's not a goalscoring opportunity.

The club should demand to see the VAR still for the potential offside. And ask why it was never made public knowledge... More for curiosity than nothing else.

If this is true then the game must be replayed to ensure the integrity of the league and means all games are being played under the same set of circumstances

It's bullshit. There's no way they would have kept it quiet. If it was true then there's no way Pep would have stayed quiet about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.