Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Mate, he's played 3-4 games since his returned. He's still young, but I can see a player in him, & a good one at that.

Listening to the match commentary, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was shocking. There were two major errors I spotted. The first was an errant pass around the halfway line which ceded possession, & led to a goal attempt, & the second where he should have stopped Henderson's cross which led to the 3rd goal. But what about Sergio's miss & the two headers missed by Stones? Those two incidences were bigger contributory factors in today's loss.

Aside from that, Angelino did little else wrong. His crossing wasn't as effective as it was last week, but these are things Pep can work on, just as he has with Jesus, & Sterling. We need to recognise his talent & get behind the kid. He's no Roberto Carlos, but he's far away from being as bad as some fans are making out.

Today was a collective effort. No one aside from Sterling stood out, but no one was outstandingly shit either. Today's result was coming from the moment we decided not to replace Kompany, & Laporte got injured long term.... We only have ourselves to blame, so please don't lay it at the feet of Angelino.
Nowhere have I said he's to blame - he's a honest footballer that will always have a living in the game, he played OK today but he's not the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.