Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Missed two many chances, defensively weak and the refs with VAR were clearly against us.

really disappointed. 9 points behind now. Still early but with the games coming up it’s hard to be optimistic. Need the lads to wake up.

The lads don't look as motivated as last season. KDB and Bernardo for example aren't chasing down the ball like they used to.

That's the title race folks. Story of the season so far, wasting too many chances and flimsier at the back.

I didn't think the issue was with VAR with the TAA one, I thought it was entirely with Oliver. Had he given the penalty, then I don't think VAR would have overturned it, they would have kept with the on field decision regardless.

I do think the handball rule needs sorting in general though as it really is daft that had TAA not handled it and it had gone straight to Sterling and he'd scored, they'd have pulled it back for a free kick to Liverpool because of Silvas accidental handball. It's ridiculous.

Ever the diplomat, Ric.

Just out of interest, what makes you so sure, given you've acknowledged already that VAR was used today to influence the result, that said allegation is entirely false?

Are you doubting the Twitter source or the notion that the league really could be that bent?
The Twitter source. Very much.

Started brightly but had no answer to the early goals. We look all over the place in defence and we miss too many chances; that was always going to come back and bite us on the arse at some point.

Disagree, we were easily the better side today. If we'd converted a couple of easy chances and VAR had done what it's meant to, then we'd all being having a great Sunday evening.
Well, you could also say if we defended like we should do and did the basics around the penalty area then we would of won easily. Defending is part of the game just like attacking us and unfortunately if we defend like that then we cannot complain. We weren’t easily the better side.

What we were is very good in possession but wasteful in the penalty area, added to that we were shit at the back. They were ok, but clinical when they got their chances. All in all we were far from easily the better side.

Pep said his usual, ask Riley.

Why no vertical VAR off side pics and why did it take ages for Sky to even bother to look at what is an incredibly close call at best and to the naked eye and in real time, offside?

Not too much to ask imo?
How did they show the VAR replay of the first Alexander-Arnold handball at the time, if VAR wasn’t even working as that tweet suggests?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.