January defenders

None.

The team already has Otamendi, Stones, Fernandinho & Rodri to fill during the absence of Laporte.

I think even Walker can play there.
Get what your saying but have to admit our defence looks shaky as hell without Laporte. Now we are one of the biggest teams in the world looking at winning the title again and the champions league and to lose just one centre half and we are struggling with that loss is not good at all . Laporte is as big too us as VVd is too Liverpool so it’s a massive loss probably worse than de bruyne last season.

Werner can either play LW or striker, scores a ton but is young enough to get better, gives us that counter-attacking option ...
We are not counter-attacking side so Werner doesn't suit us well. He is too limited.
We need someone with pace AND outstanding technical ability.

Reality check, any player at City can play CB, most of them badly, Milenkovic is playing better than any CB at City at this moment, can anyone say that will not be the case come the end of the season? personally if we do go for one in January i think it will be the lad from Benfica as he has a release clause that may tempt us

Sorry, mate, can’t be arsed debating the issues, especially when you stretch my words, so this is my last word. You’re welcome to yours without rebuttal.

I merely showed you there are 6 CBS in the First Team squad and gave you 3 pairs of players...4 always in contention and the two youngsters getting minutes every now and then. And, if you think Garcia isn’t ready, I think Pep disagrees.

As for De Ligt & Maguire, you have no idea if we made bids for these players, only paper talk. Otamendi was considered in the outs, so who knows? However, City have made it clear they are being fiscally conservative (FFP?), but will always have money for one or two key (world class) players every year. With Laporte, Stones, Otamendi, plus Fernandinho and Rodri, we don’t even have to be concerned about the younger players, but every year (esp at this age) their growth and progression is logarithmic. If Ota is on the outs, then we may well be in for someone, but we have other needs.

Additionally, it is much harder to buy the VERY SPECIFIC TYPE OF PLAYER Pep likes in the January window, and it may well be that City are waiting for a Sané sale to balance the books for their spending wishes.

Interestingly, Sam Lee in the Athletic says that City did go in for Maguire and had agreed terms with the player in the summer, we just baulked at paying what Leicester were after.

Interestingly, Sam Lee in the Athletic says that City did go in for Maguire and had agreed terms with the player in the summer, we just baulked at paying what Leicester were after.

Slightly off topic, but I love the word baulked, it really gets its message across. Whenever I hear it it makes me think of someone being sick at being asked to do something.

We need a CB.Laporte came to City in January. Van Dijk joined Liverpool in January, so why not sign a CB now and not wait for the summer? Maybe he'll make the difference in the league? Maybe he will help us win the Champions League

We really need to buy a top defender ASAP.

January is tough but let’s make it happen. The number one trait should be leadership imo. Then of course ball playing and defensive ability.

Right now our CB situation is terrible.

Otamendi- not a leader, 32 in a few months and mistake prone.

Stones- not a leader, weak mentally, weak defensively, hasn’t progressed much in his time hear.

Laporte- top quality, currently injured obviously but not sure he’s a leader tbh

E.Garcia and THB- two great talents but simply too young and inexperienced right now.

Fernandinho- doing his best at CB but he is a world class DM and we are losing that but playing him in defense.

let’s splash the cash and buy a top CB.

After yesterday's game we would be crazy not to get a defender to pair with Laporte either in January or in the summer. It crazy how average our side looks without Laporte not in it and that's a massive worry going forward because every time he's injured this is going to be the same outcome, how can this club not have the best defenders going instead of one great defender and and the rest average. This has to be our main goal in the nxt transfer market

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.