Liverpool (a) post-match thread

How do sky get away with it. ?
Pathetic....

Equally as poor was the coverage today (probably been mentioned elsewhere - apologies), did anyone hear the 2 putdowns as the players were walking out (within the space of about 15 seconds)?

The guy in the studio with a (paraphrasing) ' this may not be a rivalry with history bla bla bla'.

He then introduces Tyler who's immediate response is 'We have the kings of europe and the ruling party in England'..........

If I gave you £5 to put a bet on which side Ol' Martin was leaning towards where would you put it?

So we're covering up for that, which is having a knock-on effect elsewhere. If Aguero scored the goals he should have done today we wouldn't be complaining, but when he's 6 inches off every chance then it's not something we can carry

I agree. I'd be starting Jesus (as I would have done today).

You might be right. I was just quoting what I heard on the radio from GMR before the game that it was for 'tactical reasons'. Would make more sense if he was not fit enough to be involved with his record though.
I think Pep said something about him having hardly played for two years and not being ready for game after game. Your knee never quite feels the same after a ligament repair, albeit the strength is restored.

I know I should just move on, but I hate shit like this. It all stinks a bit/lot - the other penalty appeals, again we just had confirms from Sky that the review was over, don’t recall at all the camera zooming in on Oliver whilst he held up play to listen to VAR. Not once.

We probably should but it's raised so many questions it's difficult to ignore it. If anything, it only adds weight to the allegation that VAR wasn't in use during the game.

What I am clear on is that the 4 major talking points were not reviewed by VAR. I am pretty certain that was sky's own tech and they were being given results of anything that was happening in Stockley well before there own reviews had completed.

It is what it is.

Today I am more clear than ever before that the league is bent to fuck and that we will be treated differently because us winning 3 consecutive leagues is brand damaging.

Why the fuck did Sergio stop playing while appealing for the handball, the ball was there to be won, don't stop playing ffs he could have at least stopped the breakaway

Same

I am beginning to question whether I'm going mental or not here.

There were so many abnormalities today.

Something was amiss
Something was definitely odd. The speed of the ‘checks’, never seeing the VAR official agonising over where to place the lines, the commentators knowing the result before the referee, the fact that actually the referee never acted in a way that suggests a check was happening. Maybe that’s why he let all the key moments play out without ever blowing his whistle. Easier to disguise there being no VAR if you don’t blow your whistle at all for those big calls. The tweet might be wide of the mark, but something was not normal about the use of VAR. Also, there’s been an obvious overcompensation recently to overrule refs for almost everything after the earlier criticism. Yet that approach was abandoned today. It doesn’t feel right.

Only four players in the game had more touches than him. No one made more key passes than him.

He wasn't directly responsible for their first goal. If you look at it he had to turn make a clearance when he wasn't ideally balanced to hit it hard through no fault of his own.

He should have done better on third third goal but so should other players.

People a just too keen to scapegoat Gundo.

Using the excuse of not ideally balanced to kick a ball is not a great excuse for a professional footballer. ...and who else fault is it if he isn't balanced????? His very poor clearance (which he had time to make better of as well) went straight to fabihno who scored...he was directly responsible

More touches does not mean effective. In fact it points to the fact that he did very little with them as I don't recall him creating anything directly.

true

we looked good going forward today and the movement was better and faster just lacked that bit of punch infront of goal, but all that will be lost in the match review and the scoreline, city can take a lot of credit from the game when we watch it back and we hurt them, they know they was very lucky today and got away with a couple of dodgy VARs reviews that should have been given to city

They were also clearly nervous as fuck at the outset. They barely had touched the ball when the TAA handball occurred. I would have had no issue with that being ruled out for Bernardo handball, but the game should have stopped right there with a free kick to Liverpool. And make no mistake, we were right on top then.

I think Pep said something about him having hardly played for two years and not being ready for game after game.
Funnily enough it was those two players that helped us retain the ball enough in order to create the chances we did. Shame the chances weren’t taken and the defence also isn’t currently at the same level as those top players.
Great goal by Bernardo, but he has things on his mind - the main one being English media scapegoating.

The only way hand ball issues get resolved that the dicks who run the game have given us is to blow up for every hand ball period, then if a hand ball takes place in either box refere it to VAR
This still won't stop bent officiating as the TAA hand ball would not have been given anyway and Bernado would have been pulled up for his hand ball in the build up

but the 1st goal doesn't happen as the Dippers would have had a free kick in there own area

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.