Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Theoretically they draw three games and we beat them at our place and we are back, unfortunately I think it is only a far-fetched theory...

PRSl.gif
3 out of our 4 premier league titles have been thus.

Something was definitely odd. The speed of the ‘checks’, never seeing the VAR official agonising over where to place the lines, the commentators knowing the result before the referee, the fact that actually the referee never acted in a way that suggests a check was happening. Maybe that’s why he let all the key moments play out without ever blowing his whistle. Easier to disguise there being no VAR if you don’t blow your whistle at all for those big calls. The tweet might be wide of the mark, but something was not normal about the use of VAR. Also, there’s been an obvious overcompensation recently to overrule refs for almost everything after the earlier criticism. Yet that approach was abandoned today. It doesn’t feel right.

Plus the linesmen kept flagging, which I thought they weren't supposed to do anymore because of var.

Despite the result, that was one of our better performances at Anfield in recent years. The controversial first goal was crucial to the outcome of this game. We completely dominated the first 20 minutes yet found ourselves two down from misfortune, possible corruption, poor defending and sheer ruthlessness from Liverpool.

They were also clearly nervous as fuck at the outset. They barely had touched the ball when the TAA handball occurred. I would have had no issue with that being ruled out for Bernardo handball, but the game should have stopped right there with a free kick to Liverpool. And make no mistake, we were right on top then.
We kept the ball for two and a half minutes from kick off - Liverpool couldn't get near it, and not safe passes either - nearly all forward passes. It would be easier to handle if they had schooled us, but they couldn't do that. Liverpool fans can't believe we couldn't take our chances. We were on top to the extent that the crowd went nervously quiet.

Something was definitely odd. The speed of the ‘checks’, never seeing the VAR official agonising over where to place the lines, the commentators knowing the result before the referee, the fact that actually the referee never acted in a way that suggests a check was happening. Maybe that’s why he let all the key moments play out without ever blowing his whistle. Easier to disguise there being no VAR if you don’t blow your whistle at all for those big calls. The tweet might be wide of the mark, but something was not normal about the use of VAR. Also, there’s been an obvious overcompensation recently to overrule refs for almost everything after the earlier criticism. Yet that approach was abandoned today. It doesn’t feel right.
Was very weird indeed.

Plus the linesmen kept flagging, which I thought they weren't supposed to do anymore because of var.
Yes, another good observation. To be honest, when you piece it all together, it does suggest VAR wasn’t in use. Call me crazy but I’m inclined to believe the tweet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.