Var debate 2019/20

I’m normally reticent to try and second guess VAR decisions, but as soon as Sky showed the replay of Salah’s goal I confidently told my son not to worry, as it would have to be ruled out. The lack of further replays or discussion by the commentators was extremely dodgy.

Same. Saw the replay, and was pretty sure it would be ruled out. The fact there was no lengthy delay, and we didn’t get another look for 30 mins with a skewed looking blue line raised alarm bells. Something not right about that. Every image I’ve seen, he’s offside.

I’m normally reticent to try and second guess VAR decisions, but as soon as Sky showed the replay of Salah’s goal I confidently told my son not to worry, as it would have to be ruled out. The lack of further replays or discussion by the commentators was extremely dodgy.
Everything points to VAR not even being in use during this game. At least 5 anomalies in the apparent use of VAR that have no other explanation that makes any sense of it.

For the attacker, your first paragraph?

What's the deal when it hits a defenders arm in the box?

Yep, but others on the thread are saying that because Liverpool gained possession from it then scored, it should be a handball.

If it hits a defender's arm in the box it depends on a number of factors all of which are highly subjective, making it easy for any decision to be justified to suit whatever agenda the ref/VAR has.

Yep, but others on the thread are saying that because Liverpool gained possession from it then scored, it should be a handball.

If it hits a defender's arm in the box it depends on a number of factors all of which are highly subjective, making it easy for any decision to be justified to suit whatever agenda the ref/VAR has.
VAR (or lack of it if you believe the rumours) just makes it easier to manipulate the game.

I've watched the game back tonight.

It's very clear that all of the VAR situations were handled much 'quicker' than any other game I've watched this season.

Very suspicious to say the least.

The Salah goal looks blatantly offside in real time, then Sky show a slow mo and hes clearly offside. However when they then show the 'lines' graphic he's level and the picture conveniently doesn't even show the passer so it's impossible to see if the frame is stopped at the point when the ball leaves his foot.

Beyond suspicious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.