Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Sorry if it’s been posted (not trawling back to check) but did anyone notice that Gabby picked up a yellow card after the final whistle. So in a game where we have the majority of the possession and actually commit fewer fouls we still end up with 2 yellow cards for dissent (the only yellow cards in the match)

Who got the other yellow?

The game was managed from the start.

Peps comments about it being a great advert for the Premier League were sarcastic in the extreme and fuck you to Riley.

He's communicating to him without getting the fines.

Have to read between the lines with our Pep
Absolutely. And Oliver’s face when Pep approached him said it all. His entire demeanour changed as Pep walked over to him.

Overall, thought we actually played fairly well today. If Ederson was in net instead of Bravo I think we may well have got a point. Defensively we were pretty poor again, but going forward we looked good. Same old story of not taking our chances though. Nine points at this stage isn’t insurmountable, but it’s going to be very difficult. Injuries are killing us, but regardless we don’t seem to have quite the same desire and hunger as the past two seasons.
I feel the problem is this year we don’t seem to have that 10-15 game winning spell we have the last few years. Get the feeling we will do well to get 90 points this season and not a chance I can see Liverpool dropping that many from now.

Overall, thought we actually played fairly well today. If Ederson was in net instead of Bravo I think we may well have got a point. Defensively we were pretty poor again, but going forward we looked good. Same old story of not taking our chances though. Nine points at this stage isn’t insurmountable, but it’s going to be very difficult. Injuries are killing us, but regardless we don’t seem to have quite the same desire and hunger as the past two seasons.
Good post Ric.

9 points is not trivial but it's hardly terminal. They have to come to us and if we are to be champions then that's 6 points. An unexpected defeat somewhere and it's game on.

We are not in the box seat for sure, but is it over? No.

BTW just saw their third goal again and. WTF was Walker up to??? Dear god.

It's odd, as Pep often says we have to better in both boxes. We played okay, decent possession, some good passages of play, but the bits that really matter, putting the ball in the net and keeping it out of ours we failed miserably. Aguero is a legend but he has to pass that ball to De Bruyne and side foot that easy chance in from Kev's cross. I am not sure Jesus is the answer either. Totally agree the hunger, the sheer bloody mindedness to win is sadly below par this season.

Shearer said there's no way they could disallow the first goal cos it would have caused bedlam, mustn't upset the dipper fans

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.