Tenuous links to famous people

My sister went out with Jeff Clarke when he was at City.
Him and Peter Barnes had a kick around with me and my brother in our back garden.
I was in the same class at secondary school as Ian Wilson of Sad Cafe.

Second/third cousin was Monica Coghlan. The lady who Jeffrey Archer (spits) said was a liar but who was proven to be telling the truth.

I won a teddy bear presented by Jimmy Young in a beautiful baby competition. Won nothing else since but still got the teddy.

I knew people (now both dead sadly) one of whom had seen Hitler when he came to Hamburg where she lived and the other had a chat with Stalin every morning when he was one of the British contingent guarding the villa at Yalta while Churchill, Roosevelt & Stalin had their 1945 conference.

One of my teachers guarded Rudolph Hess on his first night in Scotland & in the same class was Martin Sixsmith, the BBC's man in both Washington & Moscow, later played by Steve Coogan in Philomena.

Not to get @Mad Eyed Screamer all excited but I dropped my daughter at school one morning and there was a girl crossing the road in front of the car. "See that girl?" said my daughter "That's Sunny Marr. Her dad's supposed to be quite famous".

My mum used to have a café in the centre of Manchester and among her regular customers were Mike Summerbee & George Best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.