Liverpool (a) post-match thread

The cross looked good in the end and people are raving about it. 9/10 that would have been dealt with by the defender at the point of the cross and as we had two there, it should have been. It just got worse from there. It was shambolic defending.

Even worse it was Henderson that left them for dead, shocking.

The fucking chances we missed.

It kills me seeing them do everything right, cutnipen a defence and then just fuck up a simple square pass or shot.

We are never going to win the CL or pull back thos deficit unless we sort that out, and as Pep keeps saying it's a mentality problem.
We go into a state of panic in the decisive moments. I don’t know why.

Going into the break 4th behind Leicester is pretty shit.

The players have a lot of work to do. However some don't look like they're up for it.

I agree the players dont look up for it.

Its reminded me a bit of 15/16 where we just kept waiting for them to find that top gear that they had gotten to in previous seasons, but it never arrived.

Current Champions, Community Cup winners and still in four competitions, compare that to Sheffield Utd....

champions of last season, not looking or playing like champions this season and that's what matters most?

I agree the players dont look up for it.

Its reminded me a bit of 15/16 where we just kept waiting for them to find that top gear that they had gotten to in previous seasons, but it never arrived.
It all stems from the lack of desire to press like we used to. It would lock teams in their own half, even teams that don’t want to be there (not just the buses!). We either won the ball high and got a scoring chance, or we forced them into playing long and we mopped it up and came straight back at them. We’ve lost that relentless pressure and sit off quite a bit. When Brighton were passing through our ‘press’ for fun earlier in the season, that was a warning sign if ever I saw one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.