Liverpool (a) post-match thread

With everyone saying the title is as good as gone it may do us a favour. We may relax with the pressure off and go on a winning run. The dippers now face a different pressure, everyone is crowning them champions. With such a huge lead they know they would be a laughing stock if they blew it now. One defeat, a couple of injuries may wobble them. Here's hoping.......

Only seen MOTD as I have been at a wedding all day. Same old story a tale of VAR fucking us over again, not clinical enough in front of goal and poor defending.

In big games Gundogan goes missing, very weak clearance for the first goal and lets Henderson run past him without putting in a challenge for the 3rd goal.

Just come on to the thread and don’t have time to read 96 pages so if it’s been said already I apologise.

We played well today but once we had conceded two goals to their first two looks at goal we were fucked.

Once again we were incredibly wasteful in front of goal. We could and should have converted at least a couple of those chances.

Some of us have been saying for weeks that our defensive frailties would be found out once we faced a decent team. Today was the day it happened. Fernandinho is the worlds greatest defensive midfielder but he is NOT a centre back. The priblem is not having him in midfield is exposing the position he is playing now where he isn’t great. We have to get Laporte back and get Fernandinho back where he belongs.

I thought Sterling was great. He absolutely roasted TAA all game.

Final moan of the day. Why does Pep persist with Gundogan ?He constantly slows play down, seems unable to pass the ball forward and contributes little. We have to get Bernardo back there or give Foden more game time.

Anyway, looking forward the Chelsea game. I will be there so I’m hoping for a big result.

Absolutely. And Oliver’s face when Pep approached him said it all. His entire demeanour changed as Pep walked over to him.
Definitely a mixture of fear and embarrassment he knew that pep knew and we all fucking knew look at the faces of his linesmen too exactly the same

It all stems from the lack of desire to press like we used to. It would lock teams in their own half, even teams that don’t want to be there (not just the buses!). We either won the ball high and got a scoring chance, or we forced them into playing long and we mopped it up and came straight back at them. We’ve lost that relentless pressure and sit off quite a bit. When Brighton were passing through our ‘press’ for fun earlier in the season, that was a warning sign if ever I saw one.
Is that the same Brighton we beat 4-0

With everyone saying the title is as good as gone it may do us a favour. We may relax with the pressure off and go on a winning run. The dippers now face a different pressure, everyone is crowning them champions. With such a huge lead they know they would be a laughing stock if they blew it now. One defeat, a couple of injuries may wobble them. Here's hoping.......

Unfortunately because we are the back to back champions I don't think we'll ever get ruled out in a way that will rule out pressure like that. Also Pep and the players wont believe they are out of it so it won't work.

Yeah but this is exactly the point. We saw a ton of similar easy misses to today in the 8-0 vs. Watford, they just gave us chance after chance after chance until we racked up the cricket score.

The warning signs of the problems that cost us are there in the easy wins, it just only comes back to bite us every few games when someone doesn't give us 8 chances in a game, or they take the 2 big ones we give them.

One of our worst performances of last season was a 4-0 win over West Ham. We were even 3-0 up after about 35 minutes. But we were really poor in many aspects. Pep even said as much. The scoreline is not always an indicator of the team’s level and thinking it is is essentially part of the problem. Makes us lazy.

Only seen MOTD as I have been at a wedding all day. Same old story a tale of VAR fucking us over again, not clinical enough in front of goal and poor defending.

In big games Gundogan goes missing, very weak clearance for the first goal and lets Henderson run past him without putting in a challenge for the 3rd goal.

Wasn't he at fault for a goal last week

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.