Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole shape of the team is wrong. I'm no expert but Peps love affair with Gundog fucks up the whole team. Fern isn't were he should be, Kevs not were he should be and neither is Bernard. Fern needs to be restored to the middle asap. He's no centre half anyway,. I think that's pretty obvious at this stage. Pep like some of the players has been below par this season.
I agree. Too many players below par. You have to look at the boss to explain that.

I love him. ‘I’m never an underdog’ was a great line

Trouble is the side/squad seems weak all of a sudden. I’d look to bin the current formations and try to find away if getting 2 finishers in the box - we are having the same issues as his first season

I love him. ‘I’m never an underdog’ was a great line

Trouble is the side/squad seems weak all of a sudden. I’d look to bin the current formations and try to find away if getting 2 finishers in the box - we are having the same issues as his first season

I totally agree. They seem so weak and slightly clueless all of a sudden. A few key players are injured or moved on and the whole squad fell apart.

I totally agree. They seem so weak and slightly clueless all of a sudden. A few key players are injured or moved on and the whole squad fell apart.
All the big personalities have left - I mean the respected ones, not clowns like Mendy.
He wasn't the best player but Delph was one to look at with respect and want in the thick of things with you. Obviously Kompany and going back to Tevez and NDJ. We now have a team of very gifted individuals on their day but not when the going gets tough.

Too stubborn. Feels like his first season all over again.

The team is being hampered by injuries, referee decisions, poor finishing, bad individual mistakes from defensive players, etc. But he's being too stubborn. Why? Because few tools on a football forum think they can see what is the right thing to do and he can't. What makes you so certain what is the right thing when you haven't probably manage a school team, let alone a professional one. Why you feel the need to be stupidity certain you are right and he is wrong?

No need to answer. Can imagine the intellectual level of your response in advance.

But he's being too stubborn. Why?

Because he keeps playing Gundogan in a position in a team that doesn't suit him when one of the most talented and best suited young players in European football sits on the sidelines.

Because he won't compromise enough to reinforce the backline when desperately needed.

Because he makes one sub with less than twenty minutes left and isn't proactive enough to use the rest of them to influence the game.

Because he's not addressed the issues that cost us in other recent defeats.

I don't blame him for injuries or shit officiating or terrible individual performances. I blame him for not doing his part when changes have to be made.

It's not a question of hindsight, I can't solve the problems but he can and he's not doing.

Don't ask a question and then insult me numerous times and tell me you don't want to hear the answer. It's poor form and makes you look a twat.

Because he keeps playing Gundogan in a position in a team that doesn't suit him when one of the most talented and best suited young players in European football sits on the sidelines.

Because he won't compromise enough to reinforce the backline when desperately needed.

Because he makes one sub with less than twenty minutes left and isn't proactive enough to use the rest of them to influence the game.

Because he's not addressed the issues that cost us in other recent defeats.

I don't blame him for injuries or shit officiating or terrible individual performances. I blame him for not doing his part when changes have to be made.

It's not a question of hindsight, I can't solve the problems but he can and he's not doing.

Don't ask a question and then insult me numerous times and tell me you don't want to hear the answer. It's poor form and makes you look a twat.

How do you know all these things were the right things to do? Is he being stubborn because he doesn't know what to do or because he knows what to but somehow prefers not to do it?

Even if he is stubborn, it is part of what makes him successful. Imagine he wasn't stubborn at all? Then what? He will be what? By far the best manager the history has seen?

He was "stubborn" in his first season in implementing a given style which was initially unsuccessful and was questioned from many City fans to fans of other clubs to pundits, etc. And his stubborness to introduce this style created the 17-19 team which won more points over 2 seasons than any other team in history, including Barca 09-11.

What is stubborn for some is genius for others. You are definitely not a genius though. Have you heard about Dunning-Kruger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.