Liverpool (a) post-match thread

Well I have calmed down a bit now. I thought we played quite well and were the better team but wasteful.

To the usual suspects who say the game isn’t bent, I am 100% convinced that handball at the other end gets given.
The other handball was less stonewall, could have been given though, the push in the back would be a pen if it was on mané or salah, the offside, seemed a bit suss.

Very like the champions league game there: every decision, every ricochet, every piece of luck went their way. We’ve gone there with half a team and dominated the game and on another day would have come away with the three points.

There will be revenge opportunities this season, probably in the cups as well as the league. No team has ridden their luck against us like Liverpool in recent years and that will change.
Yes maybe if we could actually take a decent corner

Yes maybe if we could actually take a decent corner
One of the 8-9 good chances we missed was Stones flashing a header wide from a corner.

Corners are not as dangerous as fans think in the modern game. For a small team like us even more so.

What’s taken a toll is injuries, particularly Laporte. The players showed great character today in the face of incredible adversity.
Where was the character? Missed placed passes all game, shit defending,.Wasteful in front of goal shit set pieces,.Tell me when their keeper made a great save

Apart from a couple of players having a bad game I thought we played better than other recent performances there, but things just didnt go our way, the result was on the cards tbh(our injuries,dippers momentum etc), and then the decision fiasco during the game with var, which, is way too shady in its application and allows for unchallenged control of key moments in games. As I suggested in the var thread, they should record video and audio inside the var room and hand it to managers post game to show how the var team came to a decision. This would make the whole process much more transparent. Lets not forget also that we are in early november, ok, we had a bad start, but be honest, when was the title ever won this early!!! I cant believe that they wont drop enough points for us to overhaul them, its whether we can pick ourselves up and wear them down like last season. We must amass enough points to make them deserve it if they finish above us, we won three titles on the final day for christ sake, lets not give up until that scenario is no longer possible.Maybe this latest international break has come at the right time for us and the wrong time for them and we can gain some momentum with players returning from injury etc.I still think we can do it, and imagine the scouse mourning if we did, I would lmfao.

Dippers first goal cant stand as a handball was used in the build up to the goal. So the ref should have disallowed the goal and given City a free kick ie penalty. But the ref cant give a penalty and he cant allow a goal !!. So what should have happened ?.
Or do refs just make up the rules as the game goes on. Didnt the dippers have something like this against Chelsea when Chelsea scored but the ref brought it back.

Everyone media etc seem to be missing this goal cant stand due to handball in the build up but the ref cant give a penalty ......confused I am

Where was the character? Missed placed passes all game, shit defending,.Wasteful in front of goal shit set pieces,.Tell me when their keeper made a great save
What the fuck are you talking about? We were 2-0 down and they’d been in our half twice and been robbed by the ref. Even after going 3-0 down our heads didn’t drop and we controlled the game. That’s character.

That game was a freak game with every important inch going their way, defensively and in attack . We missed a bagful if chances and I’m not going to list them for you if you’re too blind to see them.

read the post. The ‘facts’ I was referring to are the ones regarding his playing position within the team. He was playing in the number 8 role in each of the games mentioned, except from Liverpool away in the champions league where he started right midfield.

And the other ‘fact’ (which again, read it because I didn’t say this was a fact, it was my opinion) that he is better in his preferred deep lying position is just obvious. He’s great there. He can receive the ball and spray passes around and keep it moving which is what he’s best at.

Gundogan has loads of positives, I don’t know where you got it from out of such a short post that I can’t see any..

With respect in your second paragraph you have offered an opinion and called it a fact. Merely calling it a fact doesn’t make it one unless there is some scientific proof.

Well I have calmed down a bit now. I thought we played quite well and were the better team but wasteful.

To the usual suspects who say the game isn’t bent, I am 100% convinced that handball at the other end gets given.
The other handball was less stonewall, could have been given though, the push in the back would be a pen if it was on mané or salah, the offside, seemed a bit suss.
He problem with the new rules is how does the Bernardo “handball” come into play for that passage of play. Does it negate the subsequent handball by Arnold or is it irrelevant? We know if we had scored directly during that passage of play it definitely would have been over ruled so issue they also over rule the Arnold handball. Current rules are a joke but wonder based on them whether VAR got it right?

What’s taken a toll is injuries, particularly Laporte. The players showed great character today in the face of incredible adversity.

Don’t disagree with any of what you say but still feel that even with a fully fit squad (and with officialdom not fucking us over - some hope!) we were still going to find it very hard to maintain the desire, intensity, resilience and sheer bloody-mindedness of last season. Not a criticism of the squad at all - just something that I feared was likely to happen. And the loss of Vinny, a true leader both on the pitch and in the dressing room, was hardly going to help our cause.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.