Liverpool (a) post-match thread

He problem with the new rules is how does the Bernardo “handball” come into play for that passage of play. Does it negate the subsequent handball by Arnold or is it irrelevant? We know if we had scored directly during that passage of play it definitely would have been over ruled so issue they also over rule the Arnold handball. Current rules are a joke but wonder based on them whether VAR got it right?
I really don't understand VAR. So if Terence Trent Derby hadn't handled and we'd scored it would have been ruled out for Bernardo's accidental handball, as opposed to TTD deliberate handball? Not the first time this season but would have to accept it. So according to VAR if an attacking player gains an advantage by accidently having the ball brush his hand it's open season then for defenders to make themselves bigger to stop a cross? Am I getting it now? Wasn't it Oliver who gave a penalty against Raz in the Spurs match when he jumped and turned his back to stop a cross and there was an inprint on the back of his shirt where the ball hit him or am I getting him mixed up with his "Just good friends" Clattenberg?

I really don't understand VAR. So if Terence Trent Derby hadn't handled and we'd scored it would have been ruled out for Bernardo's accidental handball, as opposed to TTD deliberate handball? Not the first time this season but would have to accept it. So according to VAR if an attacking player gains an advantage by accidently having the ball brush his hand it's open season then for defenders to make themselves bigger to stop a cross? Am I getting it now? Wasn't it Oliver who gave a penalty against Raz in the Spurs match when he jumped and turned his back to stop a cross and there was an inprint on the back of his shirt where the ball hit him or am I getting him mixed up with his "Just good friends" Clattenberg?
I think it was indeed Oliver.

Still feel proper deflated but hopefully the players will have a bit more fire in their bellies now. Surely they must also be thinking that we can’t let those horrible bin-dipping victim bastards win it. Delusional, cult-like cnuts the lot of them.

Need to up our game, starting against Chelsea at home in a couple of weeks. Let those feral fuckers get giddy thinking they’ve won the league and hopefully they will bottle it again—speaking of which did anyone else at the ground notice/find it funny how they put their logo on the bottles of water they sell? Thought it was pretty apt.

He problem with the new rules is how does the Bernardo “handball” come into play for that passage of play. Does it negate the subsequent handball by Arnold or is it irrelevant? We know if we had scored directly during that passage of play it definitely would have been over ruled so issue they also over rule the Arnold handball. Current rules are a joke but wonder based on them whether VAR got it right?

Well I would guess that if the ball gets through to Sterling and he scores the goal is ruled out by VAR due to accidental handball. But it didn’t so the correct decision should be a penalty because the accidental handball only becomes “active” if we score a goal from it?
Happy to be corrected, but that would be my understanding.

Same here. It was Clattenburg vs spurs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.