Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Played exactly how everyone expected.

Weak clearance and then instead of running down the ball he just gave away, he ran away and left a gaping hole for Fabinho to hit.

Awful player for the Premier League.

Would be better in Spain or Italy where you can get away with that kind of crap.

That kind of crap ? What you mean like winning international tournaments unlike English cloggers !?

Apart from his defensive errors for two of their goals he was driving me nuts with his lack of urgency when he received the ball with yards of space ahead of him and instead of trying to drive play forward he turned and passed the ball back, this happened several times in the 2nd half when we were supposedly trying to get back into the match.

I agree. He is too relaxed for this level of play, not the high-intensity type.

I knew the game was over when I saw him starting as CM.

I don't blame him though, its Pep choice & fault imo.

For me, its either Gundogan or Rodrigo

How he keeps getting deployed in anything other than the holding role is completely and utterly beyond me.

No intensity, no incisiveness and no use. That should be Foden's spot but it's getting thrown to Gundogan time and again despite him proving himself unfit for it.
Up to now I have been slow to be critical of the manager in this matter but how in the good name of God he was not looked early in the second half for Fodden is totally beyond me. Woeful performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.