#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always on Pep+s side here, but if he can't get in the team when David is not there and today when we needed goals near the end, then he is in serious problem. 30 minutes in the league so far is definitely way too less.
Exactly.

At some point we need to find out if Phil can hack it in the high-pressure games, it won't happen sitting him on the bench every week. It seems Gundogan in particular will nearly always get picked ahead of Phil if there's one midfield vacancy for a PL match.

At some point we need to find out if Phil can hack it in the high-pressure games, it won't happen sitting him on the bench every week. It seems Gundogan in particular will nearly always get picked ahead of Phil if there's one midfield vacancy for a PL match.
I have a feeling that unless he gets more game time he will press for a move and it may not be a loan as was the case with his former team mate. Should this happen it would be extremely disappointing. It was amazing that he did not end up on the pitch yesterday relatively early in the second half and might have made a difference but surely deserved the chance to make an impression? The boss knows better than us presumably but I am finding it difficult to reconcile his decisions in this matter to the realities facing us these days.

Think Phil just needs to bulk up a bit and we will start to see more of him. People are quick to forget just how physical the league is. He’s a top talent and has got a long career ahead of him with us, he just needs to be patient but I think it’s clear that Pep has faith in him giving him minutes in the best side the PL has ever seen

Think Phil just needs to bulk up a bit and we will start to see more of him. People are quick to forget just how physical the league is. He’s a top talent and has got a long career ahead of him with us, he just needs to be patient but I think it’s clear that Pep has faith in him giving him minutes in the best side the PL has ever seen

Can't say I agree about bulking up. In his role, tenacity and energy are far more important.

Pep doesn't trust him. Otherwise he'd play him.

Perhaps in training he see's that he's not ready/good enough yet to play regularly? Which is why I thought he would have been loaned out abroad this season.
He played him v spurs in the run in,he trusts him fine,pep has said a few times he won't put kids on in bad moments,am i the only one who listens to him

He played him v spurs in the run in,he trusts him fine,pep has said a few times he won't put kids on in bad moments,am i the only one who listens to him

That was last season and shows what he can do when given the damn chance.

So far I've read that he has had just 30 mins of premier league minutes.

If Pep trusted him to do more he'd play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.