Liverpool (a) post-match thread

i will just leave this here

Liv-City-VAR-1.png

what's the source of this? dont mean to be a pain, but that red line looks a bit wonky, especially at the top of the screen. Not denying they spent absolutely no time reviewing it though.

what's the source of this? dont mean to be a pain, but that red line looks a bit wonky, especially at the top of the screen. Not denying they spent absolutely no time reviewing it though.
nearly four minutes to see if the Sheffield united goal was offside 15 seconds for salad

Its weird saying this having been 3-0 down at one point but i actually thought over the course of the 90 minutes we were the better footballing side. The first goal is always massive in these games and it obviously went to them by way of an absolutely horrendous decision. Even after a review from VAR that is still not given as a handball......... am i watching the same thing as everyone else?

Anyway the defending for the the second and third was abysmal but i think we can be relatively happy with the way we played and kept the ball given games at Anfield are always frantic. I don't think Liverpool fans or players will have come away from that thinking they are the best team in the league off that evidence.

Onto the next one, 9 points is nothing in November.

Its weird saying this having been 3-0 down at one point but i actually thought over the course of the 90 minutes we were the better footballing side. The first goal is always massive in these games and it obviously went to them by way of an absolutely horrendous decision. Even after a review from VAR that is still not given as a handball......... am i watching the same thing as everyone else?

Anyway the defending for the the second and third was abysmal but i think we can be relatively happy with the way we played and kept the ball given games at Anfield are always frantic. I don't think Liverpool fans or players will have come away from that thinking they are the best team in the league off that evidence.

The second was offside.

One thing people never account for here is perspective. Look how narrow the width of the line in the grass appears at the top compared to the bottom. So to be accurate, the line does need to be slightly skewed. People always think it has to be parallel to the nearest grass line but that’s plain wrong. In this example it seems skewed the wrong way though if anything, to make him look offside. It’s incredibly tight.

With respect in your second paragraph you have offered an opinion and called it a fact. Merely calling it a fact doesn’t make it one unless there is some scientific proof.
I wrote ‘fact’ because if you look at the original post I never actually said it was a fact. He said that I did, so in the paragraph you’re referring to the word ‘fact’ was meant sarcastically as I don’t know where he got it from that I ever stated it as fact.

It is my opinion that he is far better in his natural deep lying position. I’m just not sure how anyone can say otherwise when it’s so obvious

One thing people never account for here is perspective. Look how narrow the width of the line in the grass appears at the top compared to the bottom. So to be accurate, the line does need to be slightly skewed. People always think it has to be parallel to the nearest grass line but that’s plain wrong. In this example it seems skewed the wrong way though if anything, to make him look offside. It’s incredibly tight.

yep i aware about the parallax and perspective, but the line still looks a bit skew-whiff perhaps. Just a proper review would have been nice!

Paul Tierney was the man on var, if it was working and supposedly refused the first penalty in 60 seconds. The rule is supposed to be if the ball hits an attackers arm to gain an advantage, accidental or not, then the goal or advantage is ruled out. On that basis the decision was correct. The ball hit Bernardo's arm leading to it hitting Arnold's. The sticking point is should Oliver have blown for a free kick to Liverpool? What is the point of playing on if even if we scored it would have been disallowed? No idea and I don't think anyone else has. The second would also have been harsh as it was hit straight at him and his arms were by his sides. Hard as it is the decisions were correct. If they had been given against us we would have been screaming injustice and rightly so. There were a couple of shoves that might have been given but I guess the counter argument could be the ball was running away from the attacker so no advantage would have been gained.

All that said Oliver was totally the wrong ref for this game, or maybe the cynic in me believes he was selected for that very reason. Weak, inefficient and terrified to make a big decision, especially against Liverpool at Anfield. He let them get away with all the snidey niggly fouls they get away with every game, Mane and Arnold in particular. A complete and utter wanker.

On the game everyone knows Liverpool's strength is their crossing and sure enough two of their goals came from crosses we failed miserably to prevent. The first goal should have been dealt with better by a number of players but Stones backing off as usual was the main problem followed by Gundogans weak clearance, then no one closing Fabinho down. The second was a good goal, slightly unlucky as Fern almost cleared the cross and Angelino just got caught on the wrong side of Salah. The third was the most annoying. Two players made Henderson look like Ronaldo on the wing and Walker totally lost Mane at the far post. Again to be fair it was a magnificent cross. Having watched the goals again I think the criticism of Bravo is harsh. Fabinho's shot was well placed and hard, he had no chance with the second. The third the cross was too good, he realised that, tried to adjust and almost kept the powerful point blank header out. Walker should have got to it before Mane.

We sit nine points behind Liverpool this morning because of a hit and miss start to the season, not just because we lost yesterday. Individually and collectively we just haven't been good enough and even bang average sides are giving us tough games as a result.

We need to take a deep breath, hopefully get a couple of bodies back, have some strong discussions and get back on track quickly.

Liverpool did what Liverpool do, sit back soak up our pressure and mugged us with 3 attacks. They take their chances when they come where we need a good few attempts before one eventually goes in.

9 points is nothing the other big thing is there are two other teams who could stay in the hunt and put pressure on them.

It's been decided at the start of the season this year the Dippers will win the PL, so i would start planning for next season, blood some youngsters, play Foden and give them genuine time on the pitch i .We have more than enough for top 4 this year and runs at the cups even if we put some youngsters in.
With the players leaving at the end of the season, there is little point in playing them over the next generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.