Tenuous links to famous people

Played Bobby George at the Concord Suite in Droylsden as one of 8 winners in a John Smiths compy in the early 80's....I didn't beat him.
Bobby Dazzler! He was great, loads of fun. Don't know if you still can but not too long ago you could make reservations for functions at his house, George Hall iir and you could play him, has fishing ponds as well.
I also played John Part a handful of times as well as he was playing at Canadian Nationals at the same time as he was winning world championships, so obviously loads of us Canucks have played him.

I knew people (now both dead sadly) one of whom had seen Hitler when he came to Hamburg where she lived and the other had a chat with Stalin every morning when he was one of the British contingent guarding the villa at Yalta while Churchill, Roosevelt & Stalin had their 1945 conference.

One of my teachers guarded Rudolph Hess on his first night in Scotland & in the same class was Martin Sixsmith, the BBC's man in both Washington & Moscow, later played by Steve Coogan in Philomena.

Not to get @Mad Eyed Screamer all excited but I dropped my daughter at school one morning and there was a girl crossing the road in front of the car. "See that girl?" said my daughter "That's Sunny Marr. Her dad's supposed to be quite famous".

My mum used to have a café in the centre of Manchester and among her regular customers were Mike Summerbee & George Best.
That's "Sonny" ;) lol

I knew people (now both dead sadly) one of whom had seen Hitler when he came to Hamburg where she lived and the other had a chat with Stalin every morning when he was one of the British contingent guarding the villa at Yalta while Churchill, Roosevelt & Stalin had their 1945 conference.

One of my teachers guarded Rudolph Hess on his first night in Scotland & in the same class was Martin Sixsmith, the BBC's man in both Washington & Moscow, later played by Steve Coogan in Philomena.

Not to get @Mad Eyed Screamer all excited but I dropped my daughter at school one morning and there was a girl crossing the road in front of the car. "See that girl?" said my daughter "That's Sunny Marr. Her dad's supposed to be quite famous".

My mum used to have a café in the centre of Manchester and among her regular customers were Mike Summerbee & George Best.
"I knew people"
"One of my teachers"
"That's Sunny Marr. Her dad's supposed to be quite famous".
"My mum used to have a cafe"
lol, so your answer would be no.

I used to work at the same place as some dude who's aunty lives a few doors from me. He went school with that girl who plays Tina in coronation Street. I went to a mates house once in Didsbury, Pete Hook lived a couple of doors away.

Rodney marsh and Peter Barnes came and trained with us on Oldham athletic's plastic pitch one Monday evening in early 1986.
And for the record marsh was a cropping **** who was proper shoulder barging us kids who was 11/12 at the time.

I stand next to a lady at the Etihad that was best pals with Noel and Liam’s mum and they used to knock about with her son.

I used to play 5 a side with Andy Gorham.

I once had a conversation with Nicola Sturgeon

I played rugby with Derek White the mutch capped Scottish International.

Fred Else, goalie with (at the time) 3rd division Barrow son was in my class.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot, I’m related to Andy Murray.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.