Liverpool (a) post-match thread

On this first VAR situation I keep reading we should have got a penalty before Fabihno goal, am I the the only one seeing Bernardo's hand before TAA's one.

A bit of honesty please.

The problem for me seems to be fatigue, IMO the players have peaked under Pep owing to the huge demands he puts on fitness and energy levels both on the training pitch and during games. We can see the effects this is now having on the players just look at how many injuries we have it's like the players are made of glass and the fear of being injured has to be a factor.

Aside from that however and getting back to the game today, we should have had 1 penalty, TAA moved his arm out and as VAR have already said that B.silva touching it with his hand doesn't come into the equation so it is a penalty it isn't a disallowed goal for Liverpool because the game should have stopped earlier.

Fern is not a CB, Gundogan at DM does not work, Otamendi is not a Pep player he is reckless. Bravo is crap. Mendy is decent but can't stay fit.

City have several areas they need to work on and fast and I'm talking January not Summer and hope that Liverpool cock it up.

We need another DM, two CB's and for goodness sake another striker.

D.Silva shouldn't be a regular starter now he is leaving, put Foden in or let Gundo play this role. Otamendi needs to go, Stones should be pushed into midfield he isn't a CB I don't care what anyone says his positioning is atrocious.

Above all else City shouldn't have won the title last year, they gambled with not replacing Fernandinho and when he got injured Gundogan played the DM role surprisingly well and the re-surgence of Kompany won us that title. Not replacing Kompany this year was a step too far. Many of us said we would pay for it and we are doing.
Weird that those upstairs couldn't see what was patently obvious. Pissing around with Maguire and leaving Sane calling the shots was a huge bollock to drop. Cancelo and Rodri are decent players but that will take time.

Midweek I called us getting beat 1-5 so I feel relieved and vindicated.
We have a joke of a defence and keeper behind a midfield with no defensive steel.Up front we have a shot shy attack trying to skip through a mass of bodies.
The drop off from the last half of 18/19 Season is alarming.
KDB and Bernardo are way off their best.
Mahrez is still not justifying a place.
Gundogan ,Walker,Otamendi,Bravo,Mendy all cannot be relied on to put in consistent performances.
Kun,David and Fern are now past their best.
Forward planning at the Club is again defective. In the past we stood sill after a successful Season this year we have regressed.
We have been hurt by Injuries and VAR but we were more damaged by not replacing Vinny and not sorting out the Sane situation plus having the clown Bravo as No 2 keeper. Oh and winging it with the long standing left back position.

Fuck me, you actually got a like with this load of exaggerated nonsense.

Weird that those upstairs couldn't see what was patently obvious. Pissing around with Maguire and leaving Sane calling the shots was a huge bollock to drop. Cancelo and Rodri are decent players but that will take time.

I'm still worried that they had the chance of getting Maguire for £80m and let him go to United of all places. I know we have a wage bill and a ceiling that we will go to but we have the money so why not spend it. If something doesn't change in January we might finish this season 4th or 5th ffs!

I'm still worried that they had the chance of getting Maguire for £80m and let him go to United of all places. I know we have a wage bill and a ceiling that we will go to but we have the money so why not spend it. If something doesn't change in January we might finish this season 4th or 5th ffs!

Have you seen slabhead playing this season?

Bullet dodged!

Have you seen slabhead playing this season?

Bullet dodged!

Hard one to call, those around him are crap for starters and even with how he is playing he is still head and shoulders above what we have isn't he? my point really is that they chased him all summer knowing full well what sort of money they would have to pay and when it went too high they didn't have a plan b and well still don't.

I live in hope that we will turn it around and Liverpool suffer a monumental melt down but when Laporte was ruled out for such a long time Pep's reaction told you everything about where the league is headed.

Not signing Maguire is a blessing. Leicester have done just fine without him he is slower than than a super model.

Gundo agree 100%, but Sterling was our best player in the game. Why sub him off??
I felt like we could have tried something new. He wasn't going to get any decisions and it just felt like we werent getting anywhere. Either way I think Mahrez and Foden should have come on.

I think Soyuncu at Leicester is showing exactly why maguire wasn't worth anything near that Money. He is an English average centre half and nowhere near the levels of Laporte

Why did Kun stop playing at the non-pen, could have stopped their 1st goal...summed up his abysmal performance.
Glad those who were so happy about Bravo being in goals were rewarded with a dominant showing from the GK, inspires such confidence.
Played so well in patches but the annoying thing is, we lost that game in the first 12 minutes with our own poor defending and leaving ourselves too open at the back.
Salah was onside, we need to stop bleating about that. We had chances and Kun blew them all, another dreadful performance from him at Anfield.
Came really into there game later on and looked really good but it was too little, too late.
KDB has not been as influential as we hoped this season. Bernado was in and out of the game, strong start, vanished, strong finish.
People slagging Gundogan off as if he was the only person tasked with a defensive role, have a look at how well the others at the back played...not.
Good to hear Pep speaking so positively after the match....
Kun is very blinkered at times. He should have played to the whistle.
There was a chance of him slipping the ball across to Sterling who was in a great position to score.
Even if Sterling missed, the dippers wouldn't have got in a position to score their opener.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.